EII - BlackRock Portfolio Analysis and Solutions - Portfolio Consultant - Vice President
Description About this role BlackRock Portfolio Analysis and Solutions - Portfolio Consultant - Vice President Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's ETF and Index Investments (EII) business, is the leading index investment engine in the world. We help investors build better portfolios with the industry's leading suite of index investment tools. We enable them to replace individual securities, to take short-term market views, to invest cash rapidly, to execute more efficiently than swaps, futures or individual bonds, to take long-term core positions and to construct efficient portfolios. We are the best in the world at building and managing efficient index tools for our clients. We serve every kind of investor: pensions, insurers, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, asset managers, wealth advisors and individual investors. Job Purpose/Background:
The BlackRock EMEA Portfolio Analysis and Solutions (BPAS) team is part of BlackRock's global Portfolio Consulting group which partner with clients across geographies to help them achieve their portfolio outcomes using BlackRock alpha-seeking, factor and indexed products (under the iShares brand).
As the Wealth industry in Europe shifts from product to portfolios, BlackRock is heavily investing in the EMEA region to ensure we can fulfil our client needs while remaining in sync with their evolution - whatever the business model and approach they choose to implement.
BPAS is our answer for clients choosing to retain control of their asset allocation and implementation choices (i.e. not willing to out-source), whilst needing a partner in selecting products to achieve a given portfolio outcome. As such, BPAS interacts in the region with large portfolio builders across all segments: from CIO of Pension Funds and Insurance companies - to head of discretionary propositions, head of advisory books, managers of unit linked products and fund of fund managers - and complements the offering of our Client Solutions Group (CPS), which services clients wishing to out-source.
Leveraging BlackRock's unique Aladdin® risk platform and the BlackRock Investment Institute's macro insights, the team help investors de-code the risks, factor and specific features of pre-existing portfolios and evolve them towards the desired outcome. Furthermore, the team helps clients design new investment propositions and solutions.
The Senior Client Portfolio Consultant will focus on accelerating our business in key countries / regions, partnering closely with the country iShares and Wealth (iS&W) Sales teams. In this role, he/she will be a key driver of client engagements and flows, with particular focus on scaling our delivery via increased volume of client analyses and consultations delivered. Key Responsibilities:
Engagements delivery . He/she will focus on scaling our delivery via increased volume of client analyses and consultations delivered. This will entail:
- Interacting directly with clients to understand their needs and objectives. He/she must have an ability to interpret the client discussion, construct and shape impactful analysis and credibly deliver the findings. The successful candidate must have an interest and an ability to fluidly move through each one of these engagement stages. An Interest and desire to run analytics is a must as this will represent up to 50% of the role.
- Understanding and implementing macroeconomic and asset-class themes within portfolio construction to drive investment into portfolio solutions.
- Working with the Consulting and Sales teams to construct portfolios tailored to regional client requirements. Serve as an investment specialist for client discussions.
- Managing projects (e.g. driving the business in specific client segments).
- 7+ years' experience in Solutions / Product / Quant roles within investment management, consulting or sell side firms.
- Proven track record in client interaction and flow generation a must.
- Excellent analytical skills - BA/BS in a quantitative/analytical, finance or economics discipline a must.
- CFA / FRM / CAIA certification highly desirable but not required.
- Proven knowledge of any of the following: SQL, VBA, C++, Linux, Python, Matlab, R preferable
- Prior experience with risk management / portfolio construction systems (e.g. Barra, Axioma, Aladdin etc) a plus.
- Solid understanding of portfolio construction and optimisation processes and models - including drivers of return, risk control and portfolio construction techniques a must.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. The successful candidate must have the confidence and credibility to persuasively interact with colleagues, management, and clients.
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience in macro / investment strategy is an advantage
- Fluent English is a prerequisite; fluency in French is an advantage
- Title: Vice President
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
- Posting start date: 28 August 2020
- Posting end date: 25 September 2020
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.