EMEA FX Compliance Officer, AVP
The Global Markets Compliance team seeks a EMEA Research and FX Compliance Officer to support the oversight of and provide advice and guidance related to the suite of products & services provided by the FX Sales, Trading and Research (FX STR) function of State Street Global Markets (SSGM) Division.
The main responsibility is to provide the FX sales, trading, research, eFX activities and associated operations and middle office functions which support these activities, with on-going independent and critical assessment of the FLODs efforts to manage Compliance risks.
In this role, you will be primarily acting as a trusted influential advisor responsible for the development, application and execution of the compliance program for FX STR. In addition, given that the position is part of the broader EMEA Global Markets Compliance team, you will have the opportunity to support the team and have visibility across all businesses transacted in EMEA by Global Markets. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary source of compliance advisory support for the FX STR business
- Participate in risk assessment workshops.
- Support the successful and timely completion of oversight programs, including the identification and resolution of risks and issues which impact the compliance program delivery, while building strong relationships with compliance and business colleagues
- Independently conduct assigned responsibilities with their section of the overall Compliance function and execute a range of complex tasks and analyses to support the business unit and department goals.
- Lead the discussion regarding on-going adjustments to scores of inherent and control risk factors based on micro and macro changes to the business and regulatory environment, including but not limited to regulatory changes, strategic business initiatives and the output of risk mitigation activities.
- Participate in the development, implementation, review and revisions of policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the review of new business initiatives, products and services, including Requests for Proposal and marketing materials to ensure regulatory compliance requirements are addressed, as applicable.
- Prepare business for and assist with regulatory and third party examinations as well as lead direct interactions with regulators.
- Act as SME for the provision of regulatory advice for the product suite of FX cash, fwds, NDF, trading, research and the marketing thereof across the UK, EU and into overseas jurisdictions.
- Provide regulatory support to Compliance network overseas with regard to the impact of EU/UK legislation, in particular act as primary liaison for the Swap Dealer and ensuring US regulations is enabled in the relevant branch.
- Bachelor's degree, Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- Proven experience in financial services with experience in compliance or legal
- Have a strong understanding of policies, procedures and controls
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and team-working skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside parties at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, project management and organizational skills
- Aptitude to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to make independent decisions, develop creative solutions to problems and manage implementation through to acceptance
- Assume ownership for the delivery of projects while also operating successfully in a cross-functional team environment
- Previous experience in a compliance advisory function covering the FX business would be considered plus.