EMEA Tax Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Coverage - Senior Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 oct. 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Tax Department reports to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 170 employees worldwide. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm.
Provision of tax advisory support to the EMEA Institutional Securities business. The role will involve working closely with the Officers in the EMEA Tax Business Unit support team who provide advice across equity, fixed income, private fund and investment banking business lines.
• Analysis of cross border activities to ensure withholding taxes, stamp taxes, capital gains, corporate/local taxes are managed within the risk limits of the firm.
• Work in an advisory capacity with Tax Operations to ensure that appropriate taxes have been collected, withheld, reclaimed etc .
• Assistance in review and sign off responsibility for new products developed by business units
• Review of documentation
• Coordinate with other support disciplines (Legal, Accounting, Treasury, Regulatory) to ensure that tax provisions, structures, policies, guidelines, etc. are understood and implemented appropriately and that other support functions are involved as necessary.
• Obtain thorough advice from a network of tax advisers in EMEA region, interpreting this for business units and using this advice to make sound business judgements in the management of tax risk
• Liaising with other tax department members both within the European tax function and in other worldwide locations.
• Qualified Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Adviser or Tax Lawyer
• Advisory Coverage experience within the Financial Service Sector
• Experience in international cross border transactions including liaising with overseas jurisdictions
• Strong technical and analytical abilities, excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Self-motivated, innovative and flexible, a team player, and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
The salary for this role is Competitive.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.