- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 20 mars 18 2018-03-20
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Analyst to join our team in London or Edinburgh.
Our ESG group were formed to continue evolving and deepening the firms ESG capabilities to meet the increasing interest from clients and internal stakeholders around Environmental, Social and Governance investing. This means the team work -in partnership with our investment teams as well as key business partners such as- investment risk product management and the global client coverage groups. We are looking for an Analyst to join this team to help us continue to implement our ESG strategy and to act as an ambassador in promoting these principles and procedures. A key aspect of the role will be to support our investment groups’ ongoing ESG integration practices – as well as supporting the client coverage organization as a technical expert.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of an ESG Analyst?
• Assist in the material ESG integration within the investment process through engagement with investment teams, becoming a key partner who is able to advise and guide the team in relation to ESG
• Seek opportunities to collaborate closely with company analysts to identify key Environmental, Social and Governance risks/opportunities and raise awareness of ESG issues in portfolio management teams
• Under the guidance of the Head of ESG, conduct ESG thematic research and create briefing papers to share across investment groups to foster a culture of collaboration, sharing ESG insights and best practice
• Contribute to developing an internal FTI ESG handbook covering work on a blueprint for a sector defined ESG materiality matrix and identify key ESG engagement topics and questions to assist investment groups
• Responsible for developing and conducting quarterly portfolio screens on key ESG risk flags
• Client servicing and assisting in new business pitches, including but not limited to acting as the primary contact for ESG queries from RFP, DDQ, internal sales, and marketing
• Assist sales in preparation of material for sales pitches and client review meetings, over time there may be the opportunity to attend client meetings to represent the ESG team
• Strong partnership with Product Strategy and Development teams to inform the design of any potential ESG products.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Applied experience working within asset management to integrate ESG into research and investment processes
• Ideally experience in ESG integration into Equity and Fixed Income
• Extensive knowledge of the application of ESG topics and a general understanding of portfolio management and construction process
• Bachelor’s degree with CFA or equivalent advanced degree/certification preferred, statistical/mathematics advantageous
• Background in sustainability/ESG studies desirable
• Excellent written communication, presenting, partnership and influencing skills
• Self-sufficient PC user willing to learn business systems utilized in the organization
• Knowledge of ESG tools and methodologies such as MSCI ESG, Sustainalytics, TruCost and Bloomberg highly desirable
• Background in corporate governance would be desirable
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.