ETF MIDDLE OFFICE SPECIALIST
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The role holder will be responsible for providing dedicated support for the ETF product. The role holder will work directly with Portfolio Management and Trading teams and act as the first point of contact for operational aspects of the ETF business.
They will support BAU operational processes and work collaboratively with delivery partners and subject matter experts to implement tasks or changes required to support the ETF product.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Assist in the day to day support and be primary operational contact for ETF Portfolio Managers and Traders
• Daily Interaction with banks, Market Makers, Authorised Participants and Brokers, to provide support for any orders and pricing queries
• Daily interaction and Oversight of Service Providers, Transfer Agent, Custodian, Administrators and Portfolio Managers
• Daily review of positions, market values and cash to validate accuracy.
• Work with Operations team to address any identified reconciliation breaks or corporate action discrepancies
• Serve as the liaison between the portfolio management and outsourced teams to resolve any data or processing issues relating to ETF funds
• Work closely with other NTAM partners in support of the business
• Ensure the timely and accurate setup of new accounts on relevant systems, coordinating with the Business Implementation team
• Work as part of a local and global team with members based in London, Hong Kong, Chicago and India
• Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established procedural guidelines
• Be risk averse by identifying process or business risks and escalate to line manager.
• Understand and adhere to the regulatory environment as it relates to ETF funds and the wider NTAM business The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Experience in relevant roles in ETF trade support and/or fund operations
• Deep UCITS Fund knowledge.
• Experience of working with ETF portfolio management, trade processing and reconciliation, trade order management applications
• Knowledge of securities markets
• Analytical skills to resolve and research queries and issues
• Proven understanding of the ETF trading and settlement life cycle
• Understanding of corporate actions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong MS-Excel skills
• Experience with Bloomberg and key NT Systems (e.g. Eagle, Blackrock Aladdin) is beneficial
• Excellent process and procedure development skills
• Ability to pick up new and established procedures quickly. The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Communication, both written and verbal
• Time management
• Focused stakeholder relationships
• Analytical skills
• Problem resolution/decision making. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.