Are you a shrewd evaluator of risk? Do you know how to make the right call in challenging situations? Do you have experience with electronic trading, market structure, and execution controls? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- evaluate risk relating to electronic trading (ET), in particular around market impact and prevention of disorderly trading
oversee / supervise front-office execution controls, including the appropriateness of controls, limit thresholds, processes and procedures
evolve the ET control framework, and the associated global programs
- coordinate and present at supervisory and governance forums/committees
- support the Equities and Fixed Income businesses, working closely with diverse parties including the ET business, ET COO team, Technology, Compliance and other Control Functions to enhance risk management across electronic trading
- perform real-time monitoring of warnings, alerts and alarms associated with certain execution controls
- assist in the investigation and response to electronic trading issues, internal reviews and regulatory inquiries and exams
You’ll be a member of the Electronic Trading Risk Management team and will interface with various stakeholders, including electronic trading, COO, technology and control functions. You will provide electronic trading subject matter expertise and risk oversight, focused on enhancement to continuously improve the oversight to execution controls framework and other ET risks for 1st and 2nd line functions.
– a hands-on work attitude and approach in tackling problems
– 3+ years in Electronic Trading, IT or Quant experience at an investment bank or asset manager
– familiarity with equities and fixed income markets regulation, electronic trading concepts and risks
– an understanding of market events and structure and its influence on controls effectiveness
– knowledge of fixed income products and markets with a focus on trading systems, trade flows and execution controls will be an advantage
– prior experience on regulatory/control-driven remedial programs
– data analytics and experience in working with large and complex datasets
– the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment and to proactively anticipate, identify, prevent and resolve problems
– extremely driven with a strong desire to deliver results despite challenges and constraints
– reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
– able to apply a technical understanding to data in order solve for complex problems
– quickly adaptable to changing market situations, technology and business needs
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.