Global Macro hedge fund is seeking an experienced EM Strategist/Economist to join their London team.
Working alongside senior EM Portfolio Managers, the Economist/Strategist will contribute thoughtful analysis and detailed research which will inform investment decision-making, including:
- Collaborate with, and contribute to, the Portfolio Managers’ outlook and theses through in-depth analysis and research of economic and financial data;
- Analysis of economic data, macro trends and investment opportunities, providing insightful and actionable commentary to team on an ongoing basis;
- Work with quant team to develop analytical models and tools;
- Engage with external consultants and research providers to continually inform the fund’s outlook;
- Produce ongoing in-depth research on a tactical and strategic basis.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics or related subjects such as Maths, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences required; a PhD is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ relevant experience as an EM focussed Economist or Strategist. While experience at a leading asset manager is strongly preferred, outstanding candidates from central banks, investment banks, consultancy and research firms are also encouraged to apply.
- In-depth expertise of global financial markets and products, regulatory policy, market structure, monetary policy required.
- A high degree of technical aptitude with advanced econometric modeling skills and programming skills in, ie: Python, Eviews, Matlab, R, Stata.
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills, with the ability to operate seamlessly between quant and investment professionals.
- Confidence; the ability to articulate and defend an opinion or position.
- A passion for economics combined with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and meticulous attention to detail.
For more information and a conversation in confidence please apply with your CV.