Their aim is to build a truly cloud native platform (agnostic) that is entirely automated in AWS. It will take on the legacy technology debt many banks have and lead to systematic and fundamental changes to the banks and financial services sector. Their next-generation cloud-native technology platform enables their clients, tier 1 global banking institutions, to support the growing scale of their customers and to provide them with more timely, relevant and personalised banking experiences. The platform is built on a highly available and robust microservices architecture, using a unique data model that is fully compliant with Open Banking standards. It is infinitely configurable and constantly evolving to deliver better, more personal, experiences for customers across the globe.
As an Engineering Manager you will lead, develop and mentor a feature team to help deliver their scalable, cloud-based, next-generation banking service which has several high profile Banking clients already signed up. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced technical leader who can grow and evolve engineering teams and also own a critical service that's a cornerstone of Systems Manager. They are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
· Good experience leading a domain and multiple Feature Teams within the domain.
· Experience in helping leading development life cycle process, best practices and operating distributed cloud-based micro services
· Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production quality code.
· Broad knowledge of programming languages, operating system principles, networking, and software development best practices.
· Experience leading a team of engineers to success.
· Good experience in people leadership roles
· Past experience of designing systems or components on large projects (£5M)
· Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other big data and streaming technologies.
· A deep understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Java 8 and Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring (particularly Spring Boot and Spring Security).
· Good experience in writing unit, integration, and functional tests specifically for web services.
· Good experience building RESTful APIs but experience of GraphQL and gRPC would also be of interest.
· Good experience with SQL databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL.
· Good experience of Continuous Integration e.g. SonarQube, Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
· Good experience of delivering in an Agile manner, particularly Scrum.
· Experience of working with an offshore development provider.