Enterprise Delivery Lead
Enterprise Delivery Lead
Who we're looking for
A highly experienced and skilled delivery manager to support the Head of Enterprise Software Delivery, providing expertise to understand the problems facing the combined Schroders technology and business teams in order to identify efficient and pragmatic solutions that enable consistency at scale without restricting flexibility where valuable. We are looking for someone who has worked with multiple delivery methods and processes for many years, particularly including successful implementations of large scale Agile, who will decisively and empathetically support a broad range of diverse users with complex requirements. With a pragmatic approach, the successful candidate will be willing to challenge the status quo while respecting the business imperative of unlocking business opportunities through establishing a highly empowered and efficient delivery capability.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role and facilities that include an onsite gym (a good one at that!), doctors, dentist, restaurant, coffee shop and garden balconies.
You'll be part of the Enterprise Technology team working closely with all technology teams across the business. Enterprise Technology leads our architecture, cloud, data, engineering and delivery functions so you will join the team who are the most focused on how we move Schroders technology and technology teams forwards.
What you'll do
You will work within our central enterprise delivery team and help set the Enterprise Technology delivery principles. Working within that team, you will help design and implement solutions of delivery best practices across Enterprise Technology. Being completely hands on when appropriate, and coach, mentor, and train across the wider business as required in support of your colleagues including within Business Change. Your knowledge and experience of a range of delivery mechanisms will ensure that you are a trusted advisor to many within the business while your open and collaborative approach will gain you a reputation for providing an innovative and powerful capability in which users can exploit real commercial opportunity. Alongside this you will be responsible for ensuring appropriate governance is possible through a variety of low effort, actionable metrics to monitor efficiency and value.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of transformation and change programs across a large technology organization
• Experience working with technical and business teams both at a senior and team level
• Highly proficient at facilitating measurable improvements on large scale programmes of work
• Excellent leadership skills, previous management of large teams, and the ability to motivate and grow individuals primarily through matrix managed encouragement
• Strong hands on knowledge of modern delivery and Agile practices
• Deep understanding of Agile principles and why these are important
• Agile delivery experience within teams adopting DevOps and TDD/BDD practices to shift-left
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage in a dynamic and global environment
What you'll be like
• You'll enjoy working in teams with many different people
• You get kick from delivering solutions that people enjoy using
• A coach and sounding board who's approachable and empathetic
• Able to stand your ground without being confrontational
• Down-to-earth, honest, and straightforward
• A great communicator, both in speech and writing
• Fascinated with new technologies and engineering approaches
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.