Equity Fundamentals - Data Specialist (Spanish Speaker)
Bloomberg runs on data and Data drives the markets. The Global Data team is responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients. The Role:
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning. The Equity Fundamentals Data Analyst will sit specifically within our Equity teams.
You'll need to have:
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the domain - Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Train and mentor Data Specialists and Data Analysts
- Lead continuous improvement by generating and executing upon ideas to improve the quality of our data products and/or associated processes
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
- Build industry relationships to source content that is not publicly available
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Manage daily vendor operations by handling escalations, conducting training, and managing other ad hoc projects
- Extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
Does this sound like you?
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Experience working with, managing or using financial data (e.g. Company financial statements)
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with and/or managing 3rd party providers
- Experience in using Business Intelligence and/or Analysis - Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Stakeholder-focused mind-set
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.