Equity Investment Analyst - Emerging Markets - EMEA
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Equity Research Analyst provide key insights to Portfolio Managers in their Investment decisions.
The position focuses on the Emerging Market within the EMEA region and involves in depth company due diligence, which typically includes international field trips, management meetings and detailed financial modelling. The successful candidate should have modelling experience coupled with a keen interest and passion for investing in developing countries. Our Equity Analysts covering Emerging markets are generalists in terms of sector coverage although some exposure to Consumer, Oils and Telecoms would be beneficial. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Conducts primary research on companies and industry by researching, reading financial statements & market data, interviewing management team meetings and visiting companies in order to gain a deep understanding companies within the sector. This due diligence will help support an Analyst's recommendations for buying/selling specific stocks.
- Makes recommendations to Portfolio Managers to buy/sell specific stocks that the Analyst feels will positively impact the performance of the portfolio. This requires good judgment on the part of the Analyst.
- Positions ideas and convinces Portfolio Managers to act on a recommendation to buy/sell a stock. This requires the Analyst to articulate to the Portfolio Manager the risk/reward payoff of the recommendation.
- Effectively follows up with the Portfolio Manager once they have executed on a recommendation made by the Analyst. This requires the Analyst to provide constant feedback on all meaningful changes in the "story" of the stock to the Portfolio Manager to ensure they have adequate information to make future decisions on the stock.
- Academic excellence
- Minimum of 6 years' professional experience ideally from investment management, sell-side equity research, investment banking or private equity
- CFA designation or working towards
- Passion for investing with proven stock picking experience
- Knowledge of Equities financial markets
- Emerging markets experience with coverage across Consumer, Oils and Telecoms are an advantage
- Level of maturity and judgment which gives confidence in stressful situations
- Competitive nature
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong writing skills
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.