Equity Sales Trainee - Corporate and Investment Banking London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
As an Equity salesperson you will advise buy-side institutional investors and hedge funds on Equities. The role includes Relationship management where one takes responsibility for managing the long-term relationship between Societe Generale and the client. As part of the Advisory role a sales person will tailor Societe Generale's products and services to the client's needs. This is achieved through listening to and understanding the clients' investment style & philosophy and subsequently acting as a filter to promote the Bank's research and varied products. Building strong relationships is a core skill and allows a salesperson to make relevant introductions across broad areas of the bank's expertise. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- Twelve month traineeship to assist the team with their day to day work
- Through this internship, the candidate will gain extensive intelligence on the equity markets and comprehensive knowledge of the products dealt with.
- Be required to work on projects and ad hoc requests as directed by their team.
- Expected to take an active and enthusiastic role in the work of their team.
- The Trainee will be expected to attend and participate in all HR assigned training/networking & development opportunities.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Provide support to Equity Sales on day-to-day tasks including Mifid2 requests
- Provide support for and attend various internal and external meetings.
- Work on ad hoc projects and requests from the team
- Help with marketing plans for team members
- Help with organisation of events
- Assess client needs
- Be expected to present a stock pitch to the team at the end of the internship.
Limited autonomy but would like the individual to be able to communicate with clients regarding Mifid2, Roadshows, Marketing and incoming client requests. This will require an FCA registration we believe so we would like the individual to have this already or be prepared to take it as soon as possible.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies
English as first language
Completion of Bachelor degree
Use of MS Office
Highly motivated and reliable
Strong team spirit
Good attention to detail
Strong written skills
Strong oral communication
Prior work experience desirable
Ability to think innovatively Evolution
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 19000JYB
Business unit: Societe Generale London Branch
Starting date: 02/09/2019
Date of publication: 05/07/2019