Equity Senior Analyst, VP/Director
- Not Specified
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 nov. 17 2017-11-16
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares^® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions^®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The UK Equity team is responsible for US$XX billion across various pooled and segregated accounts. The team is based in London and uses a bottom-up, team-based, fundamental research process which benefits from access to the wider BlackRock research platform Individual security research is conducted within a sector framework to deliver investment ideas to a broad range of funds with different investment styles, including long only and hedge funds. Research and portfolio management are closely integrated. The team consists of 15 fund manager/analysts supported by 6 product specialists and 2 portfolio manager assistants. The team has a strong track record of generating alpha in all market conditions.
We are seeking a fundamental equity analyst to sit within the UK Equity team.
This position is a compelling opportunity for a research analyst with credible market experience and a track record of conducting detailed fundamental research leading to proven alpha generation as a sell-side or buy-side analyst. The analyst we seek will have an appreciation of investing across a range of strategies and time horizons. Working closely with other members of the investment team and leveraging the wider BlackRock platform, this individual will conduct detailed fundamental research on particular stocks for inclusion into various portfolio managers' portfolios.
This individual will demonstrate high level of communication skills and a flexible approach to investment. We are looking for someone who can use insight to transform detailed fundamental research into alpha generating ideas across a range of sectors for deployment in both Long Only as well as LongShort strategies and across the market cap spectrum. Given the international exposure of the UK market an ability to interrogate global structural themes with a view to exploiting key trends in identifying long and short ideas is desired.
The Analyst will conduct independent research (attend company meetings, trade shows and conferences as required) and be able to utilize all available internal and external resources efficiently, to build high conviction investment ideas on a timely basis.
- Conduct fundamental research across the different UK sectors, including financial analysis, meeting company management, industry analysis, conferences, and interactions across BlackRock equity teams.
- Generate high conviction investment ideas for a variety of strategies across the risk spectrum.
- Contribute credible insight to the team’s discussions of individual ideas, setting conviction within the wider research group, and more widely in the context of the team’s overall portfolio strategies.
There is scope to participate in other duties on the team such as assisting portfolio managers with various activities.
Combine attention to detail with a flexible approach
A passion for the markets and investing
Possess an affinity for intelligent risk taking
Demonstrated record of academic achievement and leadership.
Exceptional communication skills and an ability to synthesize complex issues and ideas.
Original and independent thinker, able to work in a team environment
Exercises good judgment coupled with the ability to provide insight and make decisions quickly
- Extensive fundamental equity research experience required.
- Proven alpha generation in a sell-side research or buy-side analyst / fund management role.
- Experience covering small, mid, and large cap stocks.
- Experience as an independent researcher and stock picker who does not rely on the sell-side for stock ideas
The international exposure of the UK market offers an analyst the opportunity to conduct fundamental research looking across global sector trends across a diverse range of growth products.
- CFA or equivalent qualification preferred.
- University degree required
- Insightful and independent thinker, able to develop, interrogate and challenge.
- Marketing aptitude and strong communication skills.
- Track record of idea generation