European Equity Derivative Strategy Assistant Trainee
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/ENG is the engineering team driving engineering activities across the market activities (pricing ,trade ideas, central structuring, advisory and product marketing) across all products. Our engineering expertise is highly successful and globally recognised.
5 expertises to remain at the forefront of innovation:
- A central Advisory Group to properly UNDERSTAND Sovereign & Financial Institutions practices and concerns,
- A Pricing & Development Group within each business line and centrally managed to CREATE innovative solutions & investment strategies,
- A Flow Strategy & Solutions Group to INFLUENCE the market with efficient trade ideas generation,
- A central Cross Structuring Group to BUILD the most efficient issuance and execution framework for clients,
- A central Product Marketing team to EXPLAIN and broadcast product expertise.
Fully coordinated advisory, product and marketing deliveries: bringing just ONE MARK in front of clients.
Product continuum, flow and non-flow vanilla to flow and non-flow exotics.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Flow Strategy and Solutions (FSS) is a global team of 20 financial engineers focused on the generation of differentiated trade ideas, unique implementations and hedging solutions across asset classes for hedge funds, global macro, asset managers and institutions.
Summary of responsibilities
• Contribute to the production of trade ideas for EQD– document review and editing with colleagues.
• Design and update tools that aims facilitating trade idea generation and monitoring of market parameters
• Take part to innovations and projects in collaboration with sales/pricing/trading.
• Participate to the creation of pitch books for clients and follow-up projects
• Publish regular notes with value added input for internal and external clients
• Participating to discussions and brainstorming leading to trade ideas generation
• Updating screeners and monitors
• Strong interest and understanding of financial markets
• Strong academic background in economics and finance
• Exceptional written and oral communication (including presentation) skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Proactive and self-starter: ability to take initiative and propose ideas
• Client-driven approach
• Team work spirit and ability to work with others
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.