Execution Analyst (Overnight)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Quadrature Capital
- 23 mai 18 2018-05-23
The Execution Analyst team (EAs) monitor our systems, our positions and trades, and the markets generally to understand how our trading strategies are performing. EAs use their market knowledge to report back to the business on what’s going on, make recommendations, and escalate issues when they arise. The EA team is currently made up of 6 people who work various hours in order to cover different time zones. We are looking for a new member of the team to monitor the Asia region (Sunday - Thursday, 10.30pm - 6.30am / 2.30am - 10.30am).
Grey suits, legacy systems, long hours - you know finance, right? Think again.
Founded in 2010, we’re a small tech business run by programmers.
Using cutting edge technologies and complex algorithms, we analyse petabytes of structured and unstructured data to trade in a way that’s impossible for humans. Our trading is entirely automated and we look to bring automation to everything we do. This allows our teams to focus on what matters most - solving the complex and challenging problems that grow our business.
Now 40 people and growing, we’re a close-knit team of computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians and other talented individuals who collaborate to solve hard problems. Our business is well suited to the curious and intellectually-honest, those who are committed to working collaboratively with others to help grow our business.
Our people are kind, diverse, friendly and humble and bring a wealth of experience from the likes of Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yandex, tech start ups, hedge funds and banks.
The Execution Analyst team (EAs) monitor our systems, our positions and trades, and the markets generally to understand how our trading strategies are performing. EAs use their market knowledge to report back to the business on what’s going on, make recommendations, and escalate issues when they arise. They also liaise with our executing and prime brokers to ensure the smooth running of our operations.
The EA team is currently made up of 6 people who work various hours in order to cover different time zones. We are looking for a new member of the team to monitor the Asia region (Sunday - Thursday, 10.30pm - 6.30am / 2.30am - 10.30am). Please note that hours are adjusted during the year for daylight savings, and there is an early and a late Asia shift that you would work on a weekly rotation.
- Starting up and monitoring our algorithmic trading system, providing dedicated, real time support to the region
- Ensuring everything is ready for the trading day, e.g. systems are working correctly, data has arrived, positions are correct etc
- Verifying/entering upcoming corporate actions, buybacks, and announced mergers (for equities trading)
- Monitoring the system for any alerts and resolving any operational issues that occur
- Monitoring the system for abnormal behaviour or unusual market conditions that could impact trading, escalating where appropriate
- Contributing to the internal NAV review through security pricing and quantity reconciliation, assisting with the investigation of dividend cash breaks and booking complex corporate actions
- Analysing P&L movement to highlight the main drivers in P&L, and providing commentary to the business on any news/key developments
- Supporting the launch of new regions where required, e.g. preparing data
- Analysing broker execution performance
- Analysing our own order placement algorithm performance
- Learning and building on python skills to be able to interact with live data from the system, to produce customised reports for the team
- This role will be dedicated to the Asia region, however flexibility will be necessary at times in order to cover holidays in the EA team
- Strong undergraduate degree in a financial or numerate discipline from a top-tier university, as well as good school grades, including an ‘A’ in maths at A-Level (or equivalent)
- Very comfortable using computers and Excel
- We deliver in a Linux environment using Python - skills and knowledge here will be useful, but not essential
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-organised, can effectively manage various tasks and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Shows an interest in financial markets
- Corporate actions knowledge is helpful, but not essential
We’re fortunate enough to have a fantastic open-plan office, where we provide breakfast, snacks, a music room, games, a library, the obligatory ping pong table and yoga sessions overlooking the London skyline.
We offer competitive compensation, a generous holiday allowance, various health benefits (medical, dental, and a private GP), travel insurance, life insurance, 10% employer pension, gym membership (plus an on-site gym), subsidised music lessons and regular social events.
We’re also big believers in learning, and work hard to support the professional development of our team through tailored training, coaching and tuition.
Apply via our website (https://www.quadraturecapital.com/careers/jobs?gh_jid=1129468). Please include CV, covering letter and academic grades.
THERE'S SO MUCH THAT WE WANT TO BUILD AND WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN, SO IT’S AN IDEAL TIME TO JOIN OUR TEAM AND BE PART OF THE JOURNEY! IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.