Executive - Corporate Finance - Financial Services Office
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 sept. 17 2017-09-19
Job Title: Executive - Corporate Finance - Financial Services Office Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
Due to continued growth and a strong pipeline, we are looking for an Executive to join and be a part of the ongoing success of our high performing team.
What we do
Our Financial Services Corporate Finance team advises across a broad spectrum of equity and debt transactions within the Financial Services industry. We help our clients plan their capital investments, seize opportunities and achieve their strategic objectives.
The Financial Services Corporate Finance team at EY advises large and mid-cap financial institutions, private equity houses and entrepreneurial businesses on strategic/funding option reviews, acquisitions, disposals, raising equity and/or debt capital and debt refinancing. We place a strong emphasis on exposing team members to varying sector experience within the different verticals of the Financial Services market, across both debt and equity transactions.
Through both formal and on-the-job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become an effective adviser, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your potential both professionally and personally.
What you will do
- Absorb new technical information fast, and quickly develop a deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions across different sectors.
- Gain exposure to a breadth of experience on different transaction and financing-led situations.
- Analyse key value drivers at a market and business level, and co-ordinate the supporting research.
- Model the financial implications of transactions and financing events.
- Produce analysis to support the core transaction / capital raising negotiation process.
- Prepare client reports and transaction materials for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals.
- Prepare information memoranda for the disposal of businesses, and co-ordinate the production of target profiles on acquisitions.
- Help set project budgets, and ensure the firm's risk procedures are implemented and documented.
- Interact with different specialists in the firm, and colleagues across the globe, to deliver enhanced transaction solutions.
- Ensure quality on all client deliverables, technical accuracy and exclusive insights.
- Lead the input of more junior team members, provide quality control and guidance, and on-the-job coaching (desirable but not a pre-requisite).
- Support new business development, including the production of high quality collateral, developing pitch documents and attending meetings with clients and prospects.
Skills and Experience
As an Executive in Corporate Finance you will require knowledge and experience in:
- Corporate Finance/ Banking (M&A, DCM, Capital Markets, Securitisation, Structured Finance, Leverage/Acquisition Finance), Professional Services/ Audit, or Corporate Development.
- Demonstrate strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements.
- Confident, with strong communication and people handling skills evidenced in client-facing situations.
As a team we also look for the following knowledge and experience:
- Experience in building financial models and valuing businesses using various methodologies, mainly DCF, precedent transactions and traded comparable companies.
- Track-record in the Financial Services sector is desirable, covering experience in one or more of the following areas: Insurance, Banking / Consumer Finance, Wealth / Asset Management, Asset Servicing, Fintech and other relevant sector verticals.
- Strong written communication skills, experience of writing presentations and other process materials.
- Committed to working to tight deadlines, efficient and evidencing strong project management skills.
- Take responsibility for own workload, ensuring you are utilized fully and that all tasks are efficiently completed.
- Evident of commercial acumen an interest in further developing an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong personal drive and a clear appetite to grow and learn.
- Clear commitment to wanting to make a proactive contribution to building the leading mid-market financial services corporate finance team.
By helping organizations of all sizes evaluate and navigate transactions, maximizing opportunities and minimizing risks, you will help your clients lead and execute high-profile transactions. You will bring your analytical skills and real-world experience to diverse situations and unique problems. By appreciating your clients' overall objectives and understanding how transactions can influence an organization's success, you'll assess and navigate risks, and balance them against potential rewards.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have visionary goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.