FENICS: Data Scientist
Main purpose of the role:
Join Fenics Market Data's DataLAB, working on major financial market predictive analytics/data mining projects. Fenics MD is part of the BGC* group.
Responsible for engineering quantitative analysis solutions on significant historical data sets and migration to real-time analytics pipelines. The role would include the application of data science techniques to derive value-added metrics and visualizations from raw data generated within the FENICS MD group and beyond.
*BGC Partners is a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets. We are experts in our fields, agile and dynamic in our approach, and built upon the foundation of cutting edge technology and exceptional talent. Key responsibilities:
- Relevant degree in Maths/Physics/Engineering/Computer science
- Strong Python including data and analytics libraries
- Experience of engineering standalone solutions
- Data Analytics/Machine Learning experience including visualization techniques
- Experience of organising and running meetings with business stakeholders
- Financial products and markets
- Working knowledge of R
- Linux and UNIX tools
- Team player with good inter-personal skills and confident communication skills
- Ability to work and function under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and shifting priorities
- "Self-starter" always looking to improve quality of process and deliverables and keen to take a lead role in that process