- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 23 sept. 17
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
FIXED INCOME & CURRENCIES
A SOLUTIONS & DERIVATIVES HOUSE
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
We design solutions for our clients, capitalising on the full spectrum of fixed income and currencies products and services.
LINKING BORROWERS TO INVESTORS FROM ORIGINATION TO DISTRIBUTION
We service our clients on the full credit spectrum from Investment Grade to High Yield and X-Over and on cash as well as indices, options and singe name CDS.
GLOBAL FX & EMERGING MARKETS EUROPEAN MARKET LEADER WITH EMERGING MARKET FOCUS
Our clients can tap our capacity to execute large FX deals. We also offer a global coverage on all major currencies, and the local access of our global emerging markets platform spanning CEE, Asia, Africa and Brazil.
ACCESS TO CASH AND DERIVATIVES
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Support established HF and UK institutional rates sales team
• Develop individual's Fixed Income product and market knowledge. Develop macro economic views.
• Support desk in the development of analytical systems and trade idea generation
• Support desk in the on boarding of new clients
• Develop into a junior salesperson and start taking responsibility for the daily coverage of SG clients
Summary of Responsibilities
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
• Support the lead relationship owner for areas of clients/ products allocated within area of responsibility
• Support sales staff in implementing sales business plan to develop SG business
• Support development of relationships and execute transactions with these clients.
• Provision of a high level of operational support to the sales teams(subject to certification from compliance) such as; Creation of commercial documents (e.g term sheets) and Interaction with the Marketing and Structuring Teams (for pricing requests or marketing presentations)
• Support new client on-boarding e.g. KYC and legal documentation to allow execution of transactions
• Support senior sales team in response to various request from clients related to products, on boarding process, events, documentation e.g. legal and commercial; analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
• Support senior sales team in solving business or operational issues related to the products sold with IT teams, back-office, middle-office
• Maintain focus on taking care of clients in line with regulatory requirements
• Support MARK sales strategy by referring clients to the appropriate business lines to allow SG to become more relevant towards these clients
• Provide support to sales team to generate a recurring stream of revenues with these clients
• Support and contribute to overall strategy to further improve SG market share and reputation through professionalism, discipline and attention to risks e.g. regulatory, compliance, market, credit, legal, reputation
Product Scope Responsibilities
Execution of relevant product transaction on behalf of SG Clients and pricing in line with policies and guidelines applicable. Making sure that all the procedural guidelines e.g. KYC, Mifid, risk controls, product governance are observed.
• Data management including but not limited to, CRM and PnL data
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
• Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands
Risk Management Responsibilities
• Ensure full adherence to the SG Sales responsibilities including sales handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements.
• Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Adhere to individual and where applicable department code of conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Conduct rules
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
• Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
• Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
• This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager.
• Some market knowledge and experience in Investment banking/ financial services industry
• Sound numerical and Literacy skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
• Highly motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
• Reliable professional conduct
• Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
• SG Leadership Model competence as defined for individual contributors
• Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
• Language requirements if applicable are as defined to support the role purpose and coverage areas. (English is the business language for SG)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.