FX Developer - Technology & Innovation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part a large multi-asset eTrading development team.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Design, build and implement pricing systems.
- Work with teams spread across infrastructure, development, support, test and the front office.
- Participate in the development of all aspects of product delivery including design documents, functional specifications and component building.
- Make contributions to the evolving architecture.
- Conduct issue and risk identification, management and resolution.
This is a key position which will play pivotal role in the development of the FX platform.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Take responsibility for the system component design and development.
- Ensure developed code has significant coverage by automated tests.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Adhere to SCB development practices.
- Manage application support handover to global teams.
- Maintain and enhance the code base after project go-live.
- Build relationships with teams inside/outside FM, Infrastructure units etc.
- Advocate delivery excellence, ensuring application release quality.
- C++14/17 skills, knowledge of the STL, experience of the Boost libraries is highly desirable.
- Development on Linux using gcc, gdb, git and associated debugging tools.
- Knowledge of all aspects of software design, development and deployment.
- Working knowledge of FX products, pricing and real time risk management.
- Working knowledge of the design of scalable, high availability, supportable distributed architectures.
- Working knowledge of messaging and communication protocols including TCP, UDP, multicast, and data encoding
- Working understanding of SQL and simple DDL operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with business representatives.
Desirable but not essential:
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Experience of any of: multi-threading, low-latency, high-throughput, high-resiliency applications
- Familiarity with middleware messaging frameworks, ideally Solace
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .