Finance - Legal Entity Controller - Associate - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 oct. 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 04 October 2018
Application Closing Date: 31 October 2018
As a Legal Entity Controller you will take complete ownership of the financial reporting and monitoring across a wide range of legal entities. You will develop an in-depth understanding of these entities, including their business strategies, products and associated technical accounting and disclosure requirements. We're looking for a bright, driven professional to join our Legal Entity Controllers team, who is keen to use and develop their technical accounting skills to provide high quality reporting and analysis of our entities' assets and profitability in a challenging and varied environment.
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Preparation, analysis and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to senior management, directors, and other key stakeholders (predominantly under UK GAAP/US GAAP)
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements, including resolving complex technical accounting issues and disclosure requirements, and liaising with external auditors
- Take full ownership and become the subject matter expert (or Financial Controller equivalent) for entire legal entities, or significant processes for large entities, across many of the firm's different business lines
- Understanding the business and strategy of your entities, keeping up-to-date with business and market developments and communicating this effectively to key stakeholders
- Facilitating the quarterly consolidated reporting of the Goldman Sachs Group with regular interaction with Financial Reporting in New York
- Coordination with multiple teams across the firm - and across the globe - including Corporate Treasury, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Transfer Pricing, in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve our workflows, technology, and integrity of reporting information
- Understand the impact of regulatory developments and proactively work to identify solutions
- Involvement in a broad range of cross-divisional projects and initiatives
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, above or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services/professional services industry experience required
- Must be a qualified accountant - ACA or equivalent
- Experience in preparation and review of audit/financial statements required
- Familiarity with UK GAAP/US GAAP, IFRS, SOX and regulatory frameworks required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement initiatives required
- Experience with assurance/audit engagements required
- Proficiency with MS Office package, especially Excel (including macros) required
- Experience of conducting research, reviewing processes, reporting, testing controls required
- Experience with assignment planning, budgeting, risk assessment and delivery required
- Knowledge of fixed income, equities, swaps and other financial products required
- Strong analytical skills with involvement with various analysis activities required
- Must have ability to collaborate well with others within and across teams
- Excellent communication, judgment and problem solving skills required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.