Finance - SVP - ICG EMEA Banking Treasury - Lead EMEA Banking Treasury Manager
Equipped with extensive Treasury and Balance Sheet Management experience, the role is responsible to maintain and enhance active Business Treasury partnership with ICG BANK Chain businesses, Finance, Markets Treasury and Risk teams to achieve Balance Sheet and Return targets for EMEA franchise.
Ensure robust governance of franchise Balance Sheet through execution of policies related to Citi's sound balance sheet management policy framework (FTP, Liquidity, Capital and Balance Sheet Costing Framework). Job Background/context:
Lead Business Treasury Manager is a critical high-impact position in ICG Business Treasury within Regional EMEA Corporate Treasury.
The role is designed to provide managerial support to Senior Treasury managers whilst simultaneously contributing, with a fully hands-on approach, to all practical aspects of regular and ad-hoc work streams that directly contribute to the achievement of key priorities for Citi's balance sheet including its size, composition, quality, returns and booking location. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a part of ICG business Treasury team with full accountability to prioritize and deliver timely results on a series of competing work streams that contribute directly into Treasury's overall objectives.
- Cultivate, maintain and enhance an active partnership with ICG businesses, Finance; Markets Treasury, Legal Entity Treasury and Risk Management functions to achieve EMEA specific Balance Sheet priorities and Returns targets.
- Provide independent and unbiased expert Treasury insights and opinion to all stakeholders for all matters that are raised to Business Treasury for their guidance in the light of relevant Citi policies and governance framework.
- Prepare regular well-articulated debriefs to update senior treasury management about the overall progress of all work streams as well timely escalation of items that require their attention and involvement to ensure a seamless and timely resolution.
- Oversee Balance Sheet deep-dives across the EMEA countries, focusing on balance sheet size (e.g. actual vs. plan), composition, pricing and quality of deposits, marginal return on AFS/cash versus loans and opportunities to minimize trapped liquidity.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of periodic and ad-hoc of Treasury related tasks for RUBY CCAR, Plan and MYF cycles.
- Work with global, regional and country Treasury, Market Risk, ALM, FP&A, Product Control and other Finance functions to support key priorities, e.g.:
- Annual transfer pricing and single yield curve reviews.
- AFS capacity for interest rate hedging requirements vs. other.
- CBNA London Pool rates frameworks.
- Minimize trapped liquidity across the EMEA region.
- Balance sheet costing including the liquidity premium framework.
- Balance sheet targets e.g. monthly and quarterly ICG deposits, LCR value of deposits.
- Balance sheet size and composition from GSIB and TLAC efficiency perspective.
- Monthly interest rate hedging review for Western Europe G3 currencies.
- Quarterly review and sign-off for EMEA bank-chain balance sheet IRE and modelling of products in RUBY.
- Responsible to lead EMEA regional GOT working group meetings to ensure timely conclusion of annual GOT reviews up to the point of final implementation by Product Control Unit.
- Review all regular and ad-hoc Business Treasury reports and contributions to EMEA regional ALCO, ensuring timely updates and accuracy.
- Cover Treasury's review of new product approval (NPAC) process with focus on bank chain business but with an ability to support broker dealer side too, both to develop extended experience as well as to support the entire London Business Treasury team.
- Contribute to periodic updates and deliverables in relationship to MCA and Audit reviews.
- Provide senior guidance to Corporate Treasury team in Budapest and Finance and Risk Infrastructure teams in Mumbai.
- Build an extensive Treasury and Balance Sheet Management experience from direct exposure to broad list of standard and unique situations across all EMEA countries.
- Opportunity to establish and cultivate direct interaction with senior management in Finance, Treasury, Markets and Business Management functions.
- Enhanced interpersonal and team management skills that provide solid building blocks for the career progression within and beyond.
- Deep understanding of Treasury and/or Finance concepts in general and Citi's framework and policies in specific.
- Direct and extended knowledge of interest rate curves, derivatives and FX/money markets.
- Knowledge of Citi systems is also a big plus - e.g. SMART, PEARL, RUBY, CALM, and INTELLECT.
- Good communication and presentation capabilities - both written and oral.
- Extensive knowledge of MS office.
- Ability to manage and support critically important members of treasury whilst being fully hands-on to provide incremental support required for timely conclusion of competing priorities.
- Numerate, technical and analytical, high attention to detail and ability to handle complex models.
- Ability to manage and interpret large amount of data and use it as rationale, support and driver of managerial decision making process.
- Ability to conclude key priorities within targeted timelines or timely escalation to line management in case of issues and delays.
- Proactive, ability to work on own initiative to ensure timely conclusion or escalation.
- Ability and interest to see the "bigger picture".
- Conflict management through quality analytical insights using data and recommendations in the light of policy guidance.
- University degree in economics/finance discipline, MBA is a plus.
- Team management experience is a plus.
- Prior Treasury and/or Finance experience; experience with balance sheet management and ALM techniques, especially modelling of NIR, NIM and Returns Metrics is highly valuable.
- Comfortable communicating across teams, meeting objectives in a defined time frame, and delivering results.
- Ambitious and willing to learn, able to quickly assimilate new information.
- Interest in understanding of the link between sound balance sheet, revenue and optimal returns metrics.
- Able to handle tight deadlines and multitask, ability to work under pressure.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .