A world class FinTech organisation are on the hunt for a recently qualified accountant who is also a proficient coder that can bridge the gap between Finance & Technology teams and use code to drive performance improvements in the finance department.
- Perform analytical review of monthly information
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Business process redesign. Employ the use of Python, Excel VBA and SQL to drive performance improvements
- Optimise the flow of data across systems (e.g. timing of cut-offs, timing of data flows, automation of data loads)
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts for London subsidiaries. Assisting auditors with the follow up audit.
- Optimise the configuration of existing Finance systems to drive process efficiencies and minimise risk of error
- Data mining in SQL for various teams across the Finance function to provide better data insights and meaningful reports
- Ad-hoc reporting and project work.
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACA with up to 3 years of post-qualified experience
- Experience with any programming language or scripting language would be highly beneficial, e.g. Java, Python, R etc.
- Experienced with reporting and analytical tools
- Experience interacting with tech product owners and developers directly
- Experience working in cross functional teams and training end users
- Qualified accountant with strong technical accounting knowledge
- Advanced understanding of financial systems
- Strong Data Analytics skills, using SQL, VBA etc
- Strong programming skills