Chenavari is looking for a graduate with a numerical degree (2:1), prior corporate environment experience, a positive attitude and a desire to deliver excellence in the Finance role while developing their career in a supportive environment. Study support will be provided by the company, and the candidate is expected to be a qualified accountant within a period of three years.
Working in the Finance team and liaising with colleagues within the Chenavari group in the UK and abroad, the candidate will be involved in the following functions:
PRIMARY FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining and reconciling ledgers for multiple entities:
- Setting up and posting recurring entries on Sage Accounting.
- General ledger maintenance and monthly controls.
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register.
Receivables and Payables management
- Production of sales invoices and follow-up.
- Recording and reconciling supplier payments, payment runs and approvals.
- Receivables and payables control; aged debtor/creditor review.
Treasury & banking
- Banking and treasury including maintaining cashbooks and preparation of bank reconciliations + KYC for bank accounts.
- Management of T&E expenses.
- Cost control.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit files.
- Supporting the team with budgeting and forecasting.
- Involvement in adhoc project work as appropriate.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Technical skills, required knowledge and experience
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment is essential.
- Experience of working in, and/or a specific interest in, the financial services sector is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Basic grasp of core accounting concepts is essential.
- Working knowledge of core MS Office products.
- Analytical with meticulous attention to detail.
- Performs duties to a high standard, results oriented.
- Shows initiative and can work independently
- Able to consistently meet deadlines
- Dependable and committed
- Honest & trustworthy.
- Discreet; can be trusted with confidential and sensitive information.
- Collegiate, willing to support others
- Positive, energetic and driven
- Ambitious and curious
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education / Certification
- Minimum of a 2:1 Degree, majoring in relevant numerical topic such as Accounting or Finance