Finance Graduate – Analyst (ACCA Programme)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 20 juin 18 2018-06-20
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses: corporate and investment banking to private banking, asset management, and securities services, as well as specialised financial services including vehicle and equipment finance.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department - Summary of the business, coverage, services
Societe Generale's Global Finance Division (‘DFIN') provides a key contribution to the Group and to its business line development. Through a transversal UK Financial resource pool, we provide services covering strategic advisory, steering, data production and certification. We are engaged in performance evaluation of the Bank and UK subsidiaries and provide support to management to aid informed decision-making and to enhance the development of the Bank.
Examples of the activities Finance performs are:
* Support and challenge business lines, at every level of the organisation;
* Organise an agile adaptation to strategic and regulatory challenges;
* Ensure the security and reliability of financial information through operational excellence;
* Interacting with general management of business lines, corporate functions, regulators and auditors.;
* Performance assessed with operational indicators and financial information;
* Strategic analysis, decision-making and execution monitoring;
* Transversal vision of the Group, of all business lines and geographic regions;
* Objectivity and the ability to take the broad view;
* As trusted advisors, we are an essential partner to the senior management team;
* Exemplarity in our management and our daily behaviours;
* Innovation in our operation models and the implementation of digital levers.
Société Générale's Accountancy Professional Graduate Program (ACCA) offers a varied and well-rounded experience across the UK Finance function. As well as networking opportunities within the Finance UK division, the Finance Graduate will develop their knowledge of the organisation and of the various services Finance can offer. Candidates selected for this program will have the opportunity to rotate between different roles within Finance over a 3 years period whilst be supported in their studies for an ACCA accounting qualification, resulting in individuals who are prepared and ready to grow their career with Societe Generale.
Summary of the key purposes of the role - Summary of the key objectives and primary goals (minimum 3)
Over the course of the 3 years graduate program you will have exposure to working within a variety of functions with Finance UK, including Finance Accounting, Management Accounting, Assets and Liabilities Management, Financial Advisory and Controls, Tax and Transversal Project Management.
Summary of responsibilities - Minimum of 6 responsibilities to be identified
* Financial Accounting:
* Maintaining financial records for subsidiary companies by analysing balance sheets and general ledger accounts
* Ensuing the bank reconciliation process is correctly performed and accounted for in the ledger
* Maintaining accounting controls by reconciling back office systems with general ledger
* Preparing and submitting monthly reports for inclusion in the group's consolidated accounts
* Assisting senior accountant in the preparation of monthly and yearly closing
* Investigating intercompany discrepancies and resolution with counterparts in other entities
* Management Accounting:
* Production and submission of Financial Performance reports providing relevant transparency, assisting and responding to ad hoc requests and other deliverables as required
* Reporting of volumes and revenues by asset classes, business lines, market and client to be incorporated in reports to business lines, senior management and Board papers
* Working closely with other finance teams and business lines to ensure that the production of financial data is reliable, complete and accurately reflected by client, business and functional lines
* Involvement in the annual budget preparation, reviews and challenges
* Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM):
* Assist in meeting monthly and quarterly Asset Liability Management risk assessment and reporting requirements
* Support various groups within Finance and the Bank with relevant analysis of the impact of business decisions on the bank's interest rate risk exposure, profitability and performance, capital ratios, regulatory requirements, and others
* Financial Advisory and Controls (NAC):
* Conduct advisory missions and audits on key accounting processes to ensure the proper application of the control framework
* Produce written reports on key accounting processes with clear conclusions and action plans. Present these reports to senior management including entity CFO's
* Check the quality of accounting certification, investigate anomalies, design action plans and then ensure recommendations are implemented
* Monitoring the financial closing and accounting certification
* Prepare & submit VAT returns within the statutory deadlines.
* Manage the VAT group and the partial exemption methodology and keep up-dated. Provide information on VAT recovery rates for accounting.
* Assist with the management of SG's relationship with HM Revenue & Customs.
* Provide timely & accurate VAT advice to all UK entities of the Bank.
* Provide assistance to European locations served by the European CFO.
* Transversal Project Management:
* Contribute to the delivery of the transformation roadmap of Finance UK
* Continuous Improvement – uncovering process improvement changes for the Finance team by taking on an owner's mindset by identifying areas where we can standardize processes and develop better ones
* Tasks related to the Accountancy Professional Apprenticeship and ACCA Training
* Responsibility for complying with the terms of your Accountancy Professional Apprenticeship, the Accountancy Professional training policy and ACCA training agreement.
* Responsible for maintaining a training log in accordance with ACCA requirements.
* Responsible for keeping the Qualified Person Responsible for Training (QPRT) updated on at least a quarterly basis about study, progress, work experience, time off to attend tuition courses and exam status.
Competencies - Define a minimum of 10 skills and technical knowledge that are essential for the Job holder to have
An ideal candidate is motivated to deliver high quality work to drive partners satisfaction. This person uses their intellect, insight and the ability to influence to build creative solutions with partners and colleagues while embracing a collaborative mind-set.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Strong oral and written communication skills:
* Ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and adapt communication style accordingly to their audience (including management).
* Ability to quickly give a synthetic overview
* Good coordination skills (across and between the teams in Finance and other departments)
* Analytically minded, ability to analyze/handle complex issues and propose effective solutions
* Good attention to detail and strong numerical competency
* Team player, have a collaborative mindset and enjoy sharing information with their colleagues
* Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive, have the ability to drive the change
* Have an enthusiastic aptitude to innovation and digitalization transformation
* Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage their time and to meet deadlines