Financial Accountant, Financial Services, 9 month FTC, £70-80K pa pro rata, London (WFH)
Your new company
Your new company is a leading financial services company based in the City of London.
Your new role
Your new role is a 9 month Fixed Term contract role, working from home initially.
You will play a key role in the completion of statutory accounts within demanding deadlines for corporate account prepared within the team. The financial statements are prepared under UK and international reporting standards. You will liaise with audit teams and administrators in different locations and will your role will also involve reporting under Sarbanes Oxley and periodic reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting including monthly consolidation or corporate entities and review of fixed assets and investment schedules.
- Review of monthly management accounts and capital adequacy calculations.
- Financial reporting including the monitoring of changes in accounting standards, preparing accounting policy documents and reviewing internal control processes.
- Statutory reporting including the preparation and review of annual statutory accounts and coordination with the auditors and third-party administrators.
- Regulatory reporting including preparation and review of returns to the FCA and SFC.
- Processing daily/weekly journals for bank, revenue, expense and balance sheet transactions.
- Adhoc projects
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with financial accounting experience in financial services or banking. You will have strong technical accounting skills and be experienced in the completion of statutory accounts under financial reporting standards. You will be a strong communicator and problem-solver, able to work in a complex environment producing accurate work to challenging deadlines.
What you'll get in return
You'll gain the opportunity to join a leading firm and work as part of a high-performing, dynamic team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.