Growing investment bank is looking for a qualified accountant to join the finance team. Reporting to the Management & Financial Reporting Manager, this new role is responsible for the preparation and analysis of trading financial reporting within the Finance department.
Financial Accountant: Product Control
£50000 - £65000 (dependant on experience) + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
They are a growing investment bank with 200 employees providing a wide range of services to institutions and corporate clients including equity market making, equity research, corporate advisory, corporate finance and sales trading. They have a commercial culture but are also collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. They now have an excellent opportunity for a talented qualified accountant to join the finance team of 7.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Fully qualified accountant ACCA, CIMA, ACA with financial services industry experience;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good technical accounting knowledge;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Commercial awareness.
The Finance department covers a broad scope of financial planning, recording, controlling and reporting activities from transactional accounting through to the provision of analysis and forecasting for decision- making. The department supports senior management in exercising budgetary and financial control in pursuit of the company's strategic objectives. Reporting to the Management & Financial Reporting Manager, the Financial Accountant: Product Control is responsible for the preparation and analysis of trading financial reporting within the Finance department.
- Producing daily profit and loss reports for all business area of the firm (including inventory valuations, market commentary, P&L break analysis and investigation);
- Daily FX exposure monitoring and reporting;
- Monthly preparation of trade-related schedules (including reconciliation between sub-ledger and main ledger);
- Modelling and understanding of Firm wide trading and settlement costs (including forecasting and any cost allocations);
- Periodic management reporting on trading asset holdings (including reporting on types of instruments, Fair value hierarchy and carrying out independent price verification);
- Oversight of the monthly trading balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation (including balance sheet substantiation policy and procedures);
- Provide support to the budgeting and forecasting process;
- Trade-related balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation;
- Build and maintain relationships with both brokers and traders;
- Preparation of various financial statements disclosures (including any notes referencing valuations and Fair value hierarchy);
- Ad hoc queries and project related work.