Financial Accounting Assistant
- Competitive Salary
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BGC Partners
- 22 janv. 18 2018-01-22
BGC Partners is looking for a Financial Accounting Assistant to join our finance team, the main responsibilities for this role are : - To ensure the integrity of the P&L and Balance Sheet across the BGC / Cantor European and Asian entities via. - Developing and maintaining the relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. - Reconciling and reviewing accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring prepayments and accruals are done monthly and schedules are kept up to date.
- Responsible for balance sheet substantiation and account reconciliation.
- Ensuring the P&L and Balance Sheet Accounts for assigned cost areas are correct and understood.
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Reporting for US disclosures.
- Support Legal Entity Controller in preparation of monthly Management Information (MI) pack for overseas entities.
- Comply with all Sarbanes Oxley Controls.
- Liaising extensively with internal clients.
- Promote an environment for change.
- Support Financial Accounting Manager on ad-hoc reporting issues.
Duties within Financial Control Processing Team are rotated and there is an expectation that a team member is able to cover other members work. This allows a potential candidate to gain wide exposure to difference processes in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Skills / Competencies required:
- Relationship building skills – develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Professional presentation skills – written & oral.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, organise and prioritise.
- Strong financial accounting experience.
- Good planning, communication and follow up skills required.
- Knowledge of electronic platforms and brokerage business preferable.
- Oracle Financials
- Hyperion Essbase
- Exemplary MS Excel
- MS Word and Powerpoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- Self starter unafraid to ask questions and seek answers.
- Willing to take ownership, work without close supervision, while also being a team player.
- Able to use judgement to implement changes to improve processes.
- Proactive and adaptable, able to work well under pressure.
- Part - Qualified accountant with at least 2-3 years experience.