Financial Control - Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 22 janv. 18 2018-01-22
My client, a leading financial provider are looking for a financial controller to manage, provide and agree the complete suite of reporting for the Capital Management desk.
• Money Market products knowledge (understanding the products and their booking and accounting) of bonds, loans and deposits, interest rate and currency swaps, call and current accounts, nostros and any other money market related derivatives trading.
• Balance Sheet & P&L reporting and control
• Playing an active part in the group’s liability management exercises (i.e. capital issuance, restructures and repurchases) and being the finance subject matter expert within the team undertaking the exercises.
• Work closely with the Capital Management desk to understand their trading strategies and risks.
• Proactively build and manage relationships facing the business and other internal clients within Finance, Risk, Operations, Internal Audit and IT.
• Contribute to strategic and continuous improvement projects as well as operational excellence initiatives to improve daily functions / processes continuously.
• Maintain and improve the control environment within the team with focus on adherence to policies, SOX requirements as well as any internal audit action points.
• Continuously reviewing operating processes to drive efficiencies; reducing non-core tasks, reduce duplication, ensure core production is automated
• Manage stakeholder expectation, especially at key reporting periods. Ensure any issues are flagged ahead of time, be proactive in identifying issues and providing constructive solutions
• Strong product knowledge around share capital and related reserves, senior debt issuance, dated and undated liabilities and related hedging derivatives;
• Strong technical accounting understanding around the treatment of the products and related disclosure around capital;
• Confidence in presenting to senior colleagues
• Qualified accountant
• Ability to manage others (depending on experience, coaching & reviewing the work of others may form part of the role)
• SAP, Oracle GL, Business Objects Query Tool, MS Access and Excel