Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
- Financial controller for specific Wells Fargo legal entities in region.
- Understand all products/activities of the entity and ensure these are accounted for appropriately in the general ledger under US GAAP, working closely with US finance/controller teams.
- Develop and perform financial control tasks including analytical review, transaction analysis, reconciliations.
- Produce monthly financial control reports, including substantiation of GL balances, revenue analysis and business line commentary for legal entities in region.
- Produce monthly/ quarterly financial accounts for senior management and entity boards.
- Prepare annual entity budgets and forecasts as necessary
- Prepare annual statutory accounts in accordance with local GAAP (primarily IFRS) and be main point of contact for external audit teams.
- Take lead on assessing the impact on the entity of new accounting standards (local and US GAAP), new business initiatives or system changes.
- Provide information to external service providers to enable accurate completion of VAT returns.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferred)
- Degree educated
- Ambition for a career as an accounting professional within the financial services industry.
- Experience of financial reporting under IFRS and preferably USGAAP
- Good understanding of new accounting standard (IFRS 9, 15, 16) and UK Companies Act.
- An interest and understanding of the financial services industry and related products.
- Experience within a financial services firm an advantage
- Strong excel skills with ability to develop efficient and well-controlled process.
- Works well within a team.
- Confident communicator at all levels in the organisation
- Intuitive, fast learner.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with a team structure.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good time management & organisational skills.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.