My client is a specialist investment group, with deep industry expertise and hands-on operating experience, helping mid-sized companies grow to become clear industry leaders.
- Financial Controller required to join a passionate team in London
- Expanding specialist investment business with deep industry expertise
About Our Client
- My client is a specialist investment group, with deep industry expertise and hands-on operating experience, helping mid-sized companies grow to become clear industry leaders.
- Headquartered in London the team has decades of experience of investing, development and operating expertise across the globe with an enviable track record.
- The firm focuses on investing and partnering with leading sector management teams to develop and grow unique businesses across North America and Europe.
The Financial Controller based in London will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- With the help of advisers and in collaboration with deal teams, lead finance operations of subsidiaries and portfolio companies - accounting, budgeting, tax affairs, statutory compliance, relevant and cost-effective technology deployment and treasury
- Analyse financial performance of portfolio companies against key business metrics; monitor on-going deal development; identify and analyse potential improvements and, where relevant, suggest operational improvements (policy, procedures, processes, technology, etc.);
- Lead on all reporting (monthly KPIs, financial statements, audit, investor reports, etc.) for portfolio companies (in collaboration with CFO of subsidiaries) and for holdings and group subsidiaries
- Establish, maintain, and implement standardisation in financial reporting, procedures, and policies to ensure robust financial and internal controls exist across the Group
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to standardise and automate financial procedures to enhance the operational efficiency of the Group
- Preparation and analysis of asset valuations
- Manage extensive list of corporate and indirect tax compliance for variety of jurisdictions as well as maintaining relationships with several service providers to ensure all compliance filings at group level are completed timely
- Tax structuring of new investments
- In collaboration with the lead finance partner, for both the existing group companies and for new portfolio companies, set-up of the finance organisation by developing relevant financial processes (month-end closing, budgeting, treasury management, etc.)
- Ad-hoc analysis as required at portfolio company level
The Successful Applicant
The Financial Controller based in London will have had the following education and experience:
- Excellent academic records with a degree from a top university, preferably in business / finance / engineering;
- 3 - 10 years of financial management experience gained in a relevant corporate function or with a Big 4 firm
- Broad knowledge of finance and accounting and, in particular, IFRS standards
- Commitment to learning in a changing technology environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities with ability to work in multi-currency environment
- Strong financial modelling skills in Excel and ability to work with BI tools and various accounting systems
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills / the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment with other team members, senior management, external advisors, investors, partners, and others;
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
What's on Offer
A unique opportunity for a finance professional to join a passionate and high performing team.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.