Financial Controller - FinTech
- GBP75000 - GBP85000 per annum + Bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Marks Sattin FS
- 19 sept. 18
Financial Controller - This is the chance to join a high growth early stage FinTech company, with committed funding from a large venture capital investor. The company has already shown much promise and has partnered with some of the global giants in technology
This is the chance to join a high growth early stage FinTech company, with committed funding from a large venture capital investor. The company has already shown much promise and has partnered with some of the global giants in technology. This is a truly exciting time to join as the business and accounting function expand, the role is part driven by the growth in accounting complexity but also by the CEO who wishes to hire someone who can not only oversee the financial stability of her business but come to the table with ideas and suggestions to help deliver on the strategic plan. If you have a passion for startups, technology or FinTech and want to be in an embryonic environment focused on grow and improving the business then this is the right challenge for you.
You will be reporting directly to the CEO and a dotted line into the venture capital backers. The core responsibilities will include the following but as ever in this environment there will be plenty of other things to get involved with:
- The ownership of the financial processes and controls
- Key liaison for auditors, the firms parent company , HMRC and external parties
- You will be responsible for managing the budgeting process and general financial planning & analysis activities
- Day to day management of the finance function with the opportunity to build the finance function out providing IFRS financial reporting and insightful performance analytics.
- Ad-hoc Commercial and business case analysis
- Help to drive new product initiatives
- Manage credit control and collections
- Manage financial relationships with key suppliers
- The right person for this position will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a background in the financial services sector.
- 5 years post qualified industry experience is ideal or able to demonstrate that you can manage a small finance function and partner a CEO.
- Good technical accounting skills- background designing and managing financial and operational controls and a strong understanding of IFRS requirements
- Personality to drive commercial decision making.
- The CEO is looking for someone who wants to break the boundaries of core finance and play an active role in the business
- Genuine interest and understanding of the fintech landscape is preferable.