Financial Crime - Risk Assessment
- market rate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
Lead on Financial Crime Risk & Controls, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and enhancement of the financial crime risk & controls programme, including risk assessments, controls oversight & testing and managing implementation of action items flowing out of audit, regulatory or other findings.
Job Title: Financial Crime Compliance Officer
Reports to: DMLO and Head of Financial Crime Policy, Advisory and Controls
As the lead on Financial Crime Risk & Controls, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and enhancement of the financial crime risk & controls programme, including risk assessments, controls oversight & testing and managing implementation of action items flowing out of audit, regulatory or other findings.
On a daily basis you will also support the Financial Crime Compliance team by providing guidance to various stakeholders on financial crime compliance matters (anti-bribery/corruption, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, anti-slavery, counter-terrorism financing, sanctions and tax evasion) and by handling financial crime escalations and alerts.
As the senior support and direct report to the Head of Financial Crime Policy, Advisory & Controls and DMLRO, this role will provide an excellent opportunity to deepen your understanding of financial crime compliance and the inner workings of a growing global investment bank with a substantial footprint in China, Africa and other emerging markets.
Financial Crime Compliance is a key function and enjoys a high profile within ICBCS, giving members of the team ample opportunity to deliver positive impact.
You will be joining during an exciting time of growth and development within the Bank and within Financial Crime Compliance which is why we need someone who can juggle multiple competing demands by effectively prioritizing tasks with a strong focus on execution. As a senior member of the Financial Crime Compliance team with lead responsibility for Risk & Controls you will be an important part of the Bank’s financial crime risk management programme.
Your job involves:
• Assisting in the identification of financial crime risk factors and planning measures to effectively mitigate them
• Overseeing financial crime assurance activities across all business units and back office
• Testing adherence to financial crime policies and risk appetite
• Developing a deep understanding of the Bank’s financial crime risk management processes and procedures
• Reviewing and updating the Bank’s financial crime risk assessment in line with regulatory expectations
• Ensuring remediation of breaches or control weaknesses
• Preparing excellent and meaningful management information reporting
• Producing high quality written risk assessments, reports, presentations in a short amount of time
• Keeping abreast of latest anti-money laundering regulations and advising on implementing any new requirements by updating relevant policies, procedures and processes
• Engaging with members of business departments, Operations, Compliance, and Legal from across the globe
• Supporting all members of the Financial Crime Compliance team
• Preparing for and actioning items related to regulatory inspections and audits
• Developing guidance, procedures and training materials on matters relating to Financial Crime Compliance
• Supporting the department in the wider Financial Crime programme including advisory, investigations, enhanced due diligence and surveillance
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree or higher (law, accounting/audit a plus)
• Proven experience in analytical thinking and drafting
• Proven experience working in a risk/quality assurance function within a financial institution
• Demonstrable and significant understanding of financial crime compliance
• Strong data analytics skills
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
• Knowledge of and keen interest in financial crime laws and regulations
• Ability to see the bigger picture while also spotting critical issues
• Must be able to seamlessly multi-task, prioritise and think laterally
• Outstanding organisational, planning and problem-solving skills
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organisation including junior and senior levels
• Strong English writing skills with ability to distill complex subjects into clear, easy to understand terms in a short amount of time
• Ability to analyse complex data and translate into meaningful management information
• Fluency in Excel, Word and Power Point is critical