Financial Data Engineer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 mai 18 2018-05-17
Financial Data Engineer - government client
Financial Data Engineer - City of London
£35,000 - £40,000
An exciting opportunity for a Financial Data Engineer has arisen with one of my government clients who are operating at the centre of the financial markets.
This role will be within the Research team and reporting directly to the Head of Research Strategy. The role is highly quantitative and requires both computer modelling capabilities and knowledge of mathematical and statistical techniques and ideally some knowledge of fixed income financial products.
The successful candidate will be working in a small team of specialists and carry out analysis and coding with minimal supervision over a wide range of fixed income areas. A large part of the role will involve the maintaining and developing the team's codebase of analytical tools. Areas of work might typically involve econometric modelling, yield curve construction, data manipulation, tick-by-tick metrics at auctions, statistical models and the analysis of inflation linked securities.
- Experience working in a developer role, including the following:
- At least one dynamic scripting language
- Version control systems
- Issue tracking
- Live support and trouble shooting
- Experience of using database servers and complex SQL queries for both Oracle and MS-SQL
- Understanding and practical application of unit testing and integration testing
- Experience of working in a financial institution
- Experience in stochastic and predictive modelling
- Experience in at least one compiled language (C# medium level knowledge)
- Experience with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Degree in computer science or other relevant area (e.g. maths, physics, engineering)
- Enjoy the intellectual challenge of maintaining a suite of analytical models and be able to assist team members in achieving their objectives
- Be experienced in working within a small team on collaborative coding projects
- Able to work under pressure, sometimes to very tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high quality outputs
- Willing to take ownership and drive through key team outputs, to agreed deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Pro-active approach to suggesting better ways of working.
- Good team player with an aptitude for working well with people with a range of skill sets.
- A flexible approach to taking on new tasks to assist in the team's work.
- Pro-active in identifying opportunities for learning and development of self and others.
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly to this add or e-mail your CV to Milena.Wawrzyniak@sandersonplc.com