- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 23 nov. 17 2017-11-23
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets business line is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Generate differentiated trade ideas on foreign exchange, interest rates and cross asset markets for institutional clients.
• Provide bespoke solutions and advisory to institutional clients.
• Write publications
• Assists the team with in house analytics.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Generate trade ideas (Rates, FX, Cross asset)
• Publish those ideas through the firm's portal, SGMarkets.
• Bespoke analysis and advisory for institutional clients
• Marketing of the team's trade ideas to internal client (sales) and to key external clients in Europe.
• Foster interactions with trading, sales and pricing.
• Regular activity reporting
• Fully leverage all available in house analytics to optimize the team's creativity and responsiveness.
• Marketing the team's trade ideas to internal and external clients.
• Bespoke advisory to prime clients.
• Nurturing relationship with key internal stakeholders.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Autonomy to engage with external clients.
• Authority to promote trade ideas internally, subject to line managers being made aware of them.
• External publications on SGMarkets require the line manager's pre-approval.
• Basic academic understanding of derivatives pricing (eg risk neutral measure)
• Basic knowledge of some of the main pricing models.
• Basic knowledge of the structure of the interest rates and/or FX markets.
• Strong writing skills, especially in English.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with Excel, and an IT enthusiast in general.
• Good salesmanship skills
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of macro-economics
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
Experience of buyside or sellside experience on market activities (eg sales, trading, advisory, risk), ideally in interest rates and/or foreign exchange.
That experience should include work on derivatives instruments (options).
• Strong university degree, preferably with a major in science or engineering.
• Strong English writing skills.
• Strong English verbal communication skills.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.