Principal Responsibilities are to include
To review Financial Institutions (60%) Corporates (40%) and analyse the latest financial information and assessing the risk.
To provide a consistent level of good risk appraisal, outlining the risks, strengths and weaknesses of the proposal and adding value in providing suggestions to strengthen the proposal.
To provide clear and unambiguous recommendations of the risk proposals.
To ensure a timely turnaround of credit proposals and reviews.
Ensure that credit proposals adhere to the Bank and Group Credit Policy.
To refer unsuitable proposals at an early stage to the Head of Credit.
To monitor current developments which may affect any of the Bank’s customers and recommend appropriate action, if necessary.
To have an understanding of regulatory requirements relating to Financial Institution customers.
To visit the Bank’s customers, and potential customers, when required.
To develop a good working relationship with Marketing Officers but remain independently.
To be familiar with the Bank’s systems (e.g. CMS, Risk Management Reporting, Fermat, Moody’s Risk Advisor, SNL, Moody’s, Fitch, and Capital Intelligence).
To attend meetings and present credit applications to the committee, if necessary.
Support the Head of Credit Underwriting and Head of Credit in ad hoc risk-related special tasks and projects, such as the preparation of risk acceptance criteria, as well as coordinating with other risk units in relation to policy/operation procedures/implementation.
Education / Certifications
• Bachelor degree in business or equivalent.
• Preference: A globally recognized post-graduate Credit or Risk qualification and/or an institute of bankers or similar professional associateship or fellowship from a globally recognized institute (e.g. CFA, FRM, MBA or MSC)
• 5-7 years relevant experience in FI and corporate credit functions.
• Knowledge/experience of GCC and MENA markets, including a good understanding of the FI and corporate clients, economic sectors, macro-economic factors and related country risks within the region is a benefit.
• Fair amount of experience in assessing Trade Finance proposals would be prefered