Financial Performance Analyst M/F- VIE- London - Corporate Finance / Accounting London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global and Integrated Finance Division ('DFIN') is a Support Unit (SU) which plays a fundamental role in enhancing value creation through a combination of strategic advisory, steering, data production and data certification activities. Engaged in all dimensions of performance evaluation, the team provides a transversal and objective vision to support informed decision-making for the management and development of the Group and its business lines.
Within DFIN is the Pilotage Financier Strategique team (PFS), which is responsible for providing meaningful analysis on the performance of the UK business lines, including both operational and financial indicators.
Stakeholders expect PFS to provide visibility on their financial activities and to support them in their decision-making processes to ensure optimisation of profitability and reduction in costs to meet the key financial objectives for the Group.
Core missions include:
• Ensure group norms are adhered to
• Support transformation and reorganisation
• Ensure the security and reliability of financial information through operational excellence
• Form strategic analysis to facilitate decision-making and execution monitoring
• International functionality, report to Group currently as part of the EMEA region but with increasing focus on establishing the UK as a standalone considering Brexit
• Innovation in our operation models and the implementation of digital enhancements Summary of the key purposes of the role
1. Assisting in the production and submission of key management reports to Senior Management and Business lines, providing clear analysis and advisory services to stakeholders
2. Develop strong business partnering skills to become a recognised point of contact for stakeholders for any queries on their respective performance reports
3. Supporting senior members in the team with month end close processes to ensure that the production of financial data is reliable, complete and accurately reflected by client, business and functional lines Summary of responsibilities
• Assist in the production and presentation of Financial Performance reports for BUs, providing relevant transparency and responding to ad hoc requests as required
• Concentrating on the NBI perimeter for the Group, the individual will need to understand drivers of income and be able to explain variances (by BL) either periodically and/or against budget.
• Reporting of volumes and revenues by asset classes, business lines, market and client to be incorporated in reports to business lines and senior management
• Review, analyse and provide commentary on monthly variance analysis including reconciliation across system retrieves and data manipulation
• Certify and optimise costs
• Headcount analysis and forecasting
• Involvement in the annual budget preparation, reviews and challenges
• Project work as required along with the development of reporting efficiencies
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Accounting or Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application. The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com . Evolution
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Job code: 19000I8G
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/09/2019
Date of publication: 01/07/2019