Financial Services - Audit Senior Manager
To ensure that all work allocated is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. Further, to ensure that all team members are managed and developed to the maximum of their potential and to assist in the development of the office.
• Prepares and presents proposals for new work.
• Liaises with other departments to maximise client satisfaction.
• Builds a personal network from which referrals are received.
• Is proactive in developing, maintaining and monitoring their network using a structured approach.
• Organises and attends office marketing events, is aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs and following up on any contacts made.
• Takes responsibility for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
• Is key contact for the client on day-to-day matters and advises the client when tackling changes to the business.
• Takes the lead on dealing with large, technically complex clients with minimal partner input.
• Manages a number of audit teams and ensures planned audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives.
• Ensures key matters arising during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed and dealt with.
• Highlights all key issues which may affect the audit opinion to audit partner and makes recommendations for appropriate action.
• Checks that audit work papers have been properly reviewed and that audit files are completed in a timely manner and are properly filed and maintained on the network.
• Determines that all audit reports reflect the work performed and meet set reporting and auditing standards.
• Follows through on any concerns regarding an audit assignment with the audit partner, suggesting and implementing solutions with minimal partner input.
• Acts as a point of reference for technical/sector knowledge.
• Adheres to the firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual and acts as a point of reference for best practice.
• Plans and co-ordinates all aspects of audit planning, including considering resourcing requirements for own assignments and the wider department.
• Establishes team direction and builds commitment to achievement of team/office objectives.
• Leads team communication meetings.
• Demonstrates commitment to the role and the team/office through acting as a role model and taking on additional responsibility for the wider team.
• Manages, motivates and coaches team members and provides feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal whilst being familiar with relevant training and development options.
Operations and results
• Takes responsibility for controlling the audit in relation to timescales, budgets and risk management procedures.
• Is proactive in managing own portfolio, counselees etc and elements of the wider business unit.
• Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
• Accurately records time spent, documents reasons for overruns and agrees additional fees with client.
• Communicates workload with partner.
• Manages client and departmental expectations of resources and deliverables.
• Assesses and judges non financial as well as financial outcomes.