A major financial institution is looking for a First Line Risk Senior Associate to sit within their business risk team. The successful candidate will be working across the function to provide BAU margin processing and SME support and this is a great opportunity for exposure to project work including implementation of Market Data & Risk projects and process improvements.
This highly reputable financial services institution holds a market leading presence in its sector and has experienced year-on-year growth whilst maintaining a world-class risk management framework. The robustness and resilience of their risk management approach has been demonstrated in recent years through providing exceptional and industry-leading levels of protection within its markets.
- Intraday and end-of-day validation of market and static data including monitoring of associated controls.
- Acting as SME for project work such as building benchmark validation of instrument data along with process improvement and automation development.
- Working with key stakeholders in IT and Application Support teams as a central point of contact for instrument data.
- Ensuring that the number of incidents relating to control failure are minimised by maintaining the risk frameworks.
- Experience working within First Line risk roles with specific exposure to Market Risk and Default Management desirable.
- Previous experience working in Financial Services.
- Strong understanding of market risk concepts.
- Confident working across multiple projects with an ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of scripting language such as R or Python is also beneficial.