Fixed Income Structurer
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone with sharp analytical skills and an enthusiasm about markets. Being at the business end of our investment process they should be diligent, methodical with a high attention to detail. They also need to be out-going and personable; developing our counterparty relationships and able to articulate our ideas to colleagues, clients and their advisors. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a portfolio management role . The team
The Portfolio Solutions Structuring team designs and implements derivative portfolios for our clients. We advise upon and execute derivatives across fixed income, equity, commodity and money markets. We are the Portfolio Solutions group's main interface to the market and are responsible for the relationships we have with banks and our other market contacts.
We also act as the main quant resource for the business. We design and code our own derivative pricing libraries, market monitors and analytical tools to aid the wider team manage our client's money. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Execute fixed income cash and derivative trades for the Portfolio Solutions group and other investment division. These will include repos, total return swaps, interest rate and inflation swaps, cash bonds, swaptions and cross-currency swaps.
- Advise colleague and clients on market liquidity, pricing and execution strategies
- Engage with counterparties to build our market knowledge and access to liquidity
- Design and code investment tools to improve the processes and analytical capabilities of the wider business.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Interest in economics and markets - in particular fixed income and money market products
- Working knowledge of fixed income derivative markets
- Some coding skills in VBA and/or Python and a willingness to grow in this area
What you'll be like
- Experience of trade execution on either the buy or sell side
- Knowledge of UK pensions and insurance markets and their regulatory environment
- More detailed knowledge of UK fixed income and derivative markets
- Knowledge of modern derivative pricing techniques
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
- Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.