Fixed Income eCommerce Sales
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 24 sept. 17
Fixed Income eCommerce Sales
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The e-Commerce Sales team is responsible for electronic sales of Fixed Income products. As electronic trading becomes the predominant execution method, the team plays an increasingly important role in servicing our diverse client base. The team has strong links with the Trading and Sales Teams of the FIC business. The role is on the Fixed Income side to develop the Credit, Rates and EM eCommerce strategy and follow client activity, providing an advisory service on electronic trading, trends, offerings, etc.
As a further topic, the eCommerce team also looks at the possibility of establishing a ‘digital' sales desk with a highly electronic, cross asset coverage model which is scalable and low touch. The rationale is to use electronic means to adapt to an evolving industry, focusing on efficiency via technology, freeing sales resource to focus on priority clients and increase revenue by having a dedicated sales providing tailored, increasingly electronic coverage to smaller clients
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• The FIC eCommerce Sales team sells online trading and information solutions to clients with the goal of enhancing efficiency and generating increased flow and revenues.
• The role for tier 1/priority clients would be largely focused on covering a defined set of European accounts combined with new business generation for electronic execution of flow credit, rates and emerging market products, managing client discussions on electronic initiatives and market trends.
• Follow and manage discussions both with internal stakeholders and external counterparties/vendors in relation to an assigned Fixed Income product area with the aim of optimising the development and distribution of the given product from an electronic perspective.
Summary of responsibilities
• Cover an assigned client segment and the relevant European desks according to our sales coverage model.
• Work with assigned sales teams to ensure knowledge of all existing clients and to offer appropriate online solutions.
• Aim to exceed all targets each month with appropriate up-sell and cross-sell.
• Develop and enhance supplemental relationships with relevant Product Managers as well as portals, vendors, ECNs etc that are relevant to assigned clients.
• Use all of the above to convert clients online and to increase resulting revenue and volumes.
• Follow and manage discussions both with internal stakeholders and external counterparties/vendors in relation to an assigned Fixed Income product area with the aim of optimising the development and distribution of the given product.
• The successful candidate will have a proven track record in increasing client usage of e-solutions. A sound understanding of market dynamics and current issues in the e-trading arena will assist in creating the desired approach to online trading and information solutions.
• Proven sales experience with institutional clients. The candidate will have experience of client interaction and the ability to follow up on problems/issues whilst being aware of internal policies and sales coverage requirements.
• Experience in Fixed Income markets. Either in voice or eSales positions.
• Strong experience of online Credit & Rates product-related roles.
• Candidate should demonstrate a superior level of knowledge and understanding of account management and consultative sales skills.
• Candidate should be very PC-and Internet-literate and demonstrate a sound understanding of the electronic execution space in Europe
Minimum of an undergraduate degree is required. Broad knowledge of online trading systems, vendor / ECN and internal bank technology platforms essential.
European language skills would also be useful but not a pre requisite.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.