A boutique data driven trading firm are looking for a Regulatory Accountant to support regulatory capital and liquidity compliance in a wholistic Legal Entity Contoller style role. You will be the first finance hire in the French trading entity
Reporting to the Head of Treasury, the key objectives of this role are providing local expertise to the French trading entity of the Group and playing a key role on Finance team wide initiatives across the global group. A central part of this role is acting as the legal entity controller for our French trading entity.
This role will be based in the Paris office however in the first year the role will be based in the London office. We are open for the right candidate to be based in Paris from day one, subject to frequent visits to the London office to work with the wider Finance team.
It involves being a subject matter expert in French GAAP account under PCEC chart of accounts for investment firms and having full responsibility for preparation of monthly IFRS and French GAAP financials, annual French GAAP financial statements, quarterly regulatory returns (RUBA and IFR reporting) and assisting the global head of tax with managing tax filings in conjunction with local advisors.
Within the Finance team they look to design workflows and processes that ensure scalability and accuracy of outputs therefore a key focus of this role is to assist in designing and executing new processes and enhancing existing process with these outcomes in mind, leveraging technology wherever possible. Automation / Coding experience will be a nice additional benefit to be impactful in this role
This will include:
- Delivery of all regulatory reporting for the regulated entities in compliance with CRD and CRR for the UK and EU entities.
- Preparing quarterly RUBA and IFR reporting on behalf of our French entity
- Managing month end close cycle for our French entity under both IFRS and French GAAP
- Preparation of annual French GAAP financial statements and management of year end audit process for our French entity
- Full responsibility for documentation of key prudential documents including the ICARA (ICAAP / ILAAP) and Recovery Plans
- Providing support to Global Head of Tax in respect of tax filing obligations for our French trading entity
- Manage preparation and filing of monthly and quarterly regulatory returns,
- Understanding and decomposition of the trading book, with application of appropriate risk capital haircuts on proprietary positions.
- Regular monitoring of regulatory capital usage, and forecasting of balance sheet growth with particular focus on liquidity and capital structure.
- Supporting the regulated audits including preparation of annual financial statements (IFRS, French GAAP), facing off to the regulator
- Qualified accountant preferable (2-5 years post qualification)
- Financial services experience
- Experience of owning monthly close and internal and external reporting cycles
- Proven ability to prepare French GAAP financials
- Working knowledge of French GAAP accounting under PCEC framework
- Practical working knowledge of financial services industry
- Experience working with large data sets