Front End Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us! Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at any time and to rent or buy new release movies on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
A day in the life
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development of front end experience of critical UI for Prime Video. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the features, working with our dedicated Product and UX teams and driving the system front end architecture by implementing best practices.
About the hiring group
PV Progressive Web Clients
In PV Web our team is responsible for the Windows 10 Prime Video stack, a progressive client side application using React and Node.js, all wrapped in a native container.
We take pride and are passionate about delivering client facing features, working with product, UX and sister teams all across Prime Video to invent, simplify and deliver customer value. Last, but not least, if you are looking to expand your knowledge from pure front-end, our backend architecture promotes functional programming with TypeScript and Scala and is a great opportunity to learn and be curious.
You will work in one of our Agile teams, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Experience with contributing to and maintaining production software
• Experience mentoring and coaching others
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
• Experience in data manipulation and analysis.
• Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
• Experience with OOP language such as C#
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• Good to have but not essential: UWP Windows Application
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.