- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
Front Office Development Manager
Schroders Investment IT group are seeking an experienced Development manager who is comfortable leading agile teams of developers to deliver software solutions critical to the business. The teams will be looking at creating new decision solutions and oms platforms.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Investment Engineering technology function supports a number of front office businesses in building out and maintaining a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds. Our primary goal is to deliver value to our customers.
The teams within Investment Engineering operate under a bespoke agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
We require an experienced technology development manager to lead two capability aligned agile development teams. The first of these, Decision Solutions, is a front office development team building out primarily bespoke solutions for our Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions (RMI & LDI) businesses. This team also supports our growing securitised credit business in New York. The second, Order Management & Execution will be responsible for our execution platforms (internal and external) as we look to expand our trading and trade support functions.
The Capability Lead will be expected to provide leadership and management to the development teams. They will also be expected to help educate and steer our business colleagues in driving forward technology support of the business strategy. They will have accountability for effective value delivery.
- Line management of the global technology team individuals within the agile capability teams.
- Accountable for operational performance of the capability teams.
- Provide technical leadership to the team and implement technology strategies aligning with Enterprise Architecture.
- Support the business capability owners to balance and refine the relevant backlogs ensuring that relevant technical and architectural enablers are prioritised to meet the delivery of business value.
- Coach capability owners to help them understand the technical architecture of the capability in question.
- Support EPIC owners in understanding the impact of technical Epics and how they align with BAU capability changes.
General and Technical Skills
- Experience of managing people within large software development teams.
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies (ideally SAFe)
- Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Ability communicate how the work (features and stories) delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics and, ultimately, the strategy of the firm
- Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Strong understanding of system architecture
- Experience in developing in our core technology stack (Microsoft WPF, WCF, C#, SQL Server)
- Experience in developing in our innovation technology stack (React, Angular, HTML5, Python etc)
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to manage a large team with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time critical business environment
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
- Earn respect from their team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
Note to Agencies
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV’s sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.