Frontend Web Developer - Institutional Equity Derivatives - Associate / VP
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 juin 18 2018-06-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s market leading institutional equity derivatives business is powered by a world class technology platform from front to back. The system manages the pre-trade workflow for sales and trading including product definition, pricing and quoting, pre-trade approvals and STP integration with booking systems. This flow is handled through a range of inputs from high-touch bespoke exotics to direct FIX connectivity and auto-pricing.
As the business continues to grow, the equity derivatives technology team is undertaking a programme of change to increase our external connectivity and to improve STP for all aspects of the workflow. Whilst much of the platform is relatively new, there are still significant components that need to be developed and key architectural decisions to be made.
Reflecting the global nature of our business and systems, the team is distributed between London, New York, Montreal, Hong Kong and Mumbai. Our strongest location in terms of numbers is London, the ideal time zone for running a global team and where many of our business sponsors are also located. We are active in many out of work activities both socially and volunteering our time through various firm sponsored initiatives.
Existing Tech Stack:
- .Net 4.6.1, WPF
- HTML 5, CSS3, Angular
- Git, Teamcity, Jenkins, Stash
- Globally distributed n-tier platform deployed across Tokyo, Hong Kong, London and New York
- Utilisation of the latest Firm technologies including Treadmill PaaS, Splunk-based LaaS and Service Discovery
- You will be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to work on front end application development.
- You will support and lead different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing.
- You will develop new and existing components in Angular, HTML5. Previous commercially proven experience in either HTML5 is required, with a strong desire to develop your skills more widely.
- Additionally, there is an opportunity to work with C#/WPF.
- You will be expected to promote best practices in terms of TDD, development tools and technologies.
- The role will involve constant interaction with front office business users, analysing and gathering requirements.
- The role requires good collaboration with members from the wider global team, as well as neighbouring teams and systems such as pricing and trade capture.
- Equity derivatives product knowledge is not a pre-requisite but it is advantageous.
Skills required (essential):
- Practical Experience building Web Applications.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Experience of Agile development techniques and a deep understanding of systems engineering, build and release management principles including continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience with application integration, software design patterns, frameworks, unit testing, performance / memory analysis, and n-tier service-oriented architecture.
- Good C# knowledge to help migrate applications to a web platform
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-RJ1