On offer is the opportunity to work for an investment firm to provide support to the business in delivering Information Technology based projects and activities through business and data analysis application and methodologies.Additionally, to provide data support of Front, Middle and Back Office business activities across the application topology
- To document and model a data catalogue and architecture across systems in use by the business and provide impact assessment for all changes.
- To consult and participate in the change architecture board assessing, questioning and validating all changes to data flows.
- To work with the business analysis team on new projects, ensuring data costs are tracked and usage agreements adhered to. Act as a data consultant on specified projects.
- Take ownership of key data feeds for the business and liaise across departments to ensure data is utilised and costs monitored.
- Develop a data architecture model and framework for reporting data lineage. Lead the implementation of a business intelligence tool, co-ordinating business requirements with development team deliverables.
- To support business as normal processes, assisting with issue resolution and establishment as subject matter expert in specific area(s).
- To utilise database (SQL) and Data Warehouse/data lake technologies for report creation in the support of business as usual queries from multiple departments.
- Specialise in one or more “domains” to provide expertise and to support
- Deliver Data architecture framework to be accessible by IT and the wider business, facilitating data usage discussions. Tracking of business data costs across all units and systems.
- Working collaboratively, ensuring project data considerations are discussed, documented and priced into any change or project work
- Recognised as a technical expert in designated domains. Ability and drive to actively seek knowledge throughout business. Approachable and able to assist with business issues.
- Specific experience and understanding of what is required to create and manage a data architecture and catalogue across an asset management firm.
- Knowledge of database queries (T-SQL/Oracle) and Business Intelligence / reporting tools.
- Experience of financial applications including front office applications such as Simcorp, Charles River, Thinkfolio and knowledge of investment management practises
- At least 5 years directly relevant experience managing data and working on IT based projects to incorporate front, middle and back office requirements.
- Experience of structured problem solving and highly motivated with a service driven attitude with strong technical aptitude and good inter-personal and communication skills.