● Support the Fund Accounting Manager in delivering all fund accounting and pricing questions and issues.
● Perform several daily investigative and reconciliation tasks in accordance with written procedures.
● Provide a range of cash, stock and treasury reconciliations as part of the third-party administrator oversight process (i.e. bank account reviews, cash & stock breaks and treasury). This involves producing and maintaining several complex spreadsheets
● Review all fund expense payments and investigate items, as necessary.
● Produce an annual expense budget and monitor actual versus forecast numbers. Produce regular fund expense management information for the company and board
● Maintain detailed and up-to-date portfolio of holdings data and associated accounting treatments. ● Provide data internally to support the production of the Valuation Committee and the Valuation Policy Oversight Committee packs.
● Support the funds’ annual and interim fund Report & Accounts production processes. e.g. support the Fund Accounting Manager in co-ordinating internal, third party administrator and fund auditor activities to ensure deliveries are made in accordance with agreed timescales and accounting standards.
● Provide tailored financial reports and MI to other entities, Regulators and Board and Committees, as required.
● Perform on-site thematic and risk based audits of outsourced fund accounting and custody services provided by third party administrators.
● Produce or review a number of fund accounting outputs associated with the funds including: OCFs/PTRs/SRRIs/OCFs/costs and charges data etc. ● Produce and maintain the data for the Fund Fact Sheets, Sales Information Documents and KIIDs. Activities include working within the team utilising StatPro, collating data and information, undertaking quality assurance checks, supporting compliance sign off and publication.
● Calculate fund performance data, as required.
● Deputise for other team members, as required.
● Create and maintain internal processes and procedures for the full spectrum of activities covered by the role.
Qualifications and experience:
● 8 years Collective Investment Scheme fund accounting experience of which 5 years working on UCITS fund accounts can be evidenced.
● Detailed UK Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) knowledge.
● Relevant qualifications are welcomed.
● In-depth Financial Conduct Authority regulation and best practice experience.
● Use of third party tools such as Bloomberg/StatPro.
● Experience of new fund launches and corporate actions.
● Attending Board and Committee meetings to represent areas of responsibility.
● Detailed knowledge of investment assets, portfolio management techniques and fair valuation approaches.
● Experienced in overseeing a large outsourced fund accounting service provider.
● Relevant FCA Handbook chapters; COLL, SYSC. ● Bloomberg, StatPro and Financial Express data usage an advantage
● Highly numerate.
● Reasoned decision maker.
● Analytical to evaluate data and can also articulate concepts and data analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
● Strong attention to detail.
● In-depth Excel spreadsheets skills.
● Good team working skills recognising when other team members, not necessarily within own discipline, require support.
● Takes responsibility for own workload and is delivery focused.
● Self-sufficient and adaptable.
● Enjoys the challenge of a rapidly developing and changing environment