Growing Asset Servicing firm is searching for an experienced fund accountant to join the fund services team. The individual will be responsible for the accounting and administration of a portfolio of clients, and act as a liaison and point of contact. Will also be an important link between management and junior staff.
- You will be actively involved in the initial setup of new funds and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set up process;
- You will oversee the creation and collation of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Client Due Diligence files;
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handling the fund accounts and preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Preparing the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Responsible for the preparation/review of drawdown and distribution calculations and notices, and equalisation calculations;
- Coordinating and arranging investor servicing, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, and distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Organising and participating in board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the clients are correctly invoiced;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and administrative tasks as required by your managers or clients;
- Mentoring and reviewing the work done by other members of the team.
- Newly qualified/part qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA);
- Knowledge and experience in Real Estate and/or Private Equity fund administration is a requirement;
- Experience on using e-Front or other fund administration IT systems with intermediate or better Excel skills would be a plus;
- Fund accounting experience for closed ended funds - normal operations such as capital call, distributions and preparation of capital statements;
- Preparation of financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS;
- KYC/on-boarding of clients and investors experience would be advantageous.
- You will have good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and work at pace with accuracy and attention to detail;
- An ability to work independently using your own initiative as well as being part of a team.
- Confident written and verbal communicator – comfortable with working with external clients.