Funds Tax Consultant, Incentives and Reward, Tax, London
The Incentives and Reward team has a longstanding reputation of expertise in the field of funds tax consulting, with a client base that includes some of the biggest global asset managers and alternative investment funds.
We are looking for a Consultant to support our work with asset managers including private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure, hedge funds and retail asset managers. This role will include advising asset management firms on the structure of the fund and the incentivisation of the senior management teams and founders.
You will be a key member of the client team, working on a portfolio of high profile projects, developing your own client relationships, with the full support of more senior team members focused on your development and progression.
Benefitting from client exposure and learning from the top practitioners in the field, you will be working alongside partners and directors in non-hierarchical client teams as well as within wider global project teams.
Deloitte takes your development very seriously. You'll benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive appraisal process. With no micromanagement or quotas for promotion, you'll be empowered to manage your own workload and achieve career goals that you set yourself, in a team with a proven track record for strong progression. Your role
In this team, your role in the group would encompass some or all of the following:
Your work, your choice
- Advising on a broad array of issues relating to the advisor / manager of private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure or hedge funds or retail asset managers, ranging from structuring global carried interest and co-investment plans to structuring the fund and the fund management business;
- The design and implementation of globally efficient, regulatory compliant remuneration, ensuring that the plan designs are aligned to the wider business objectives of the organisation;
- Providing bespoke tax advice in relation to long-term incentives and complex fund investments for fund management staff;
- Assisting clients with complex HMRC tax enquiries and dealing with HMRC on their behalf;
- Working as part of diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time or part-time Your professional experience
Your service line: Tax Consulting
- Preferably qualified ACA or ATT / CTA, or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate complex ideas (through both written and oral communication) in a pragmatic, commercial and articulate way;
- A team player that takes ownership of projects, uses initiative to resolve problems and works well under pressure, with the ability to adapt to change rapidly and respond to clients appropriately;
- Experience and / or knowledge of private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure or hedge funds and / or retail asset managers and how they operate;
- A good appreciation and technical ability with respect to tax legislation and case law with strong attention to detail;
- An awareness and / or understanding of disguised investment management fee, carried interest and income-based carried interest UK tax legislation is preferred but not essential;
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLTAXC BATGES
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173170