GLOBAL MARKET CONSULTANT, SUB-CUSTODIAN NETWORK MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
Global Market Service Group Overview
Northern Trust has a fully integrated network of subcustodians in 103 markets around the world to support our Asset Servicing and Payment businesses. This global network of banks is managed by Northern Trust's Subcustodian Network Management Group ("Network Management"). Under the oversight of Network Management, the Global Market Service Group is comprised of Global Market Consultants who are responsible for proactively partnering with our underlying clients to provide them with unparalleled global custody consulting services. By leveraging Network's broad expertise and local market resources, the Global Market Service Group:
• ensures clients are prepared for important market and Northern Trust developments;
• assists clients with custody related inquiries including market due diligence exercises;
• supports clients with their internal initiatives and lobbying activities; and
• leverages its close client relationships to maintain continued understanding of our client's global custody needs to help drive Northern Trust's exceptional services in the future.
Global Market Consultant Responsibilities
• Utilizes their global financial services and Northern Trust expertise to provide premier global custody consulting services to a top-tier client base.
• Promptly deploys high-quality content in a time-sensitive environment while understanding our clients are constantly evaluating us against our competitors.
- Establishes close client relationships to foster engagement and cooperation; becoming our client's "first point of contact" on global custody matters.
- Brokers and provides cross-functional knowledge share sessions both virtually and in-person at client sites.
- Understands the internal operational infrastructure of our clients and Northern Trust.
- Proactively contacts our clients to solicit opportunities for Northern Trust to assist in their current mandates.
- Provides industry insight and risk management expertise to guide clients in the launch of their new products or strategies.
- May host and conduct on-site due diligence investigations with in-scope clients in foreign markets.
• Actively monitors local market and internal Northern Trust developments cross-functionally in all custody servicing areas such as income and capital gains tax treatment, settlement practices, documentation requirements, and beneficial ownership rules.
- Ensures in-scope clients are leveraging and benefiting from the most evolved global network capabilities we offer.
- Acts as an internal advocate for in-scope clients, in very close collaboration with the client service and relationship management teams.
- Develops and maintains relationships across Northern Trust client service, relationship management, and operational teams to help expedite the completion of deliverables.
- Maintains expertise on markets of high client interest, broad custody concepts, current developments, and unique market nuances.
- Serves as the "eyes and ears" of our client base and provides feedback to interested internal parties.
• Represents Network Management during conference calls, client visits to Northern Trust, and client Board meetings.
• Is a part of the named service team for in-scope clients and participates in their regular custody service reviews.
• Provides ad-hoc assistance during client request for proposals (RFPs) and helps coordinate resulting transition related questions.
• Coordinates and presents in-depth market research in conjunction with the broader Network Management team. Knowledge/Skills
• Global Financial services expert (global custody expertise a plus).
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
• Extraordinary client service capabilities.
• Takes ownership of their work.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Takes pride in producing work of the highest caliber.
• Comfortable presenting in front of clients and internal management.
• Successful project manager.
• Well-developed leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Team player with a flexible attitude and adaptive approach. Major Duties
• Technical expert without management responsibilities.
• Serves as key advisor on relevant significant business decisions.
• Exhibits leadership and provides comprehensive and in-depth consulting to clients at the highest technical level.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends.
• Maintains regular contact with industry peers, regulators, and professional organizations.
• Responsible for multiple client assignments.
• The position may annually require 4 -6 weeks of travel. Experience
• extensive experience of global financial services or equivalent experience (global custody experience a plus).
• proven experience of Network Management, relationship management, or client service experience a plus. About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management
• $132 billion in banking assets