GS Select - Software Engineer - Analyst/Associate - London
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to improve spending, borrowing, investing. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design. About us
GS Select is a way to access cash without liquidating an investment portfolio. We help advisors work with their clients to manage borrowing needs through securities-based lines of credit. Our platform is high-tech, high-touch, with full transparency around collateral status and payments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, curious and adaptive software developer to build the future of GS Select as an active technical contributor. As a member for this initiative, you will work with a growing engineering and product team focused on building scalable, foundational GS Select services. You will be responsible for critical parts of the GS Select Platform's long-term growth strategy. Our mission to keep the customer at the center of everything we do; this is an influential and impactful role that solves to empower people financially. The ideal candidate is resourceful and detail-oriented with a penchant for moving fast on agile teams; they strive to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to bring digital customer products to market.
As an Analyst/Associate, you will be a part of brand new technology team in GS Select which focuses on developing new financial products for high net worth individuals. Engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written. Our engineers are proactive, they take initiatives. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented. You will join a team of creative and driven software developers to help build the foundation of the Platform. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop customer-driven product capabilities and systems for end-to-end, multi-product experiences with APIs and contract-first focus
- Innovate and develop product initiatives using agile principles
- Define and iterate highly technical project goals that align to strategic priorities
- Collaborate with other internal and external technical & product partners and diverse cross-functional teams to ensure cohesiveness of the overall end-to-end experiences
- Scalability and reusability ambassador
- BSc or higher in Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Familiar with one or more of the following:
- Distributed systems
- NoSQL and relational databases
- Distributed messaging
- Transactional services
- Expertise in core Java, React JS, HTML5
- Experience integrating with Restful web services
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Experience using Kafka as messaging middleware
- Experience with microservice based architecture
- Experience with Spring, MongoDB & AWS
- Web technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity